Taking the plunge... Need some assurance

Insidious

Reaction score
So I'm going to flash senseless ics 2.0 and to flash this I install the .zip through amon ra and then boot into fast boot and install the kernel, if I'm not mistaken. What command do I use if the kernel is in c:/Android?

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

mjones73

Reaction score
You don't need to run any command, the installer will drop the kernel installers on the root of the SD card and boot you to the FASTBOOT menu, all you have to do is hit power on your phone then volume up to confirm install.

Once you are done and the phone is booted, go to the root of /sdcard2 and delete the zip file named PH98IMG.zip, it can cause issues if you leave it there.

If you can't do this because of the main version, follow this - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sc...e-scottsrom-area-htc-rezound.html#post2000318

Last edited:

nemian

Reaction score
do you need aman ra to install the rom? or can you keep doing everything the way htcdev did?

arbs27

Reaction score
Hint hint? Hah.. what you planning on doing?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

samiusmc

Reaction score
I had the OG Droid rooted since it first came out. I went through hundreds of ROMs. For some reason, I'm hesitant to root my Rezound and try a new ROM. It seems like the process is so much more intense. Am I being a wuss about it?

arbs27

Reaction score
Do it!!!. I'm on clean Rom.. but I want to switch to senseless..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

arbs27

Reaction score
Samiusmc its not that you're being a wuss, its just things have changed since the d1 era.. so it may seem a bit difficult. But its actually pretty easy, As long as you follow the steps the devs put out.

Sent from my rezzzound!

samiusmc

Reaction score
Samiusmc its not that you're being a wuss, its just things have changed since the d1 era.. so it may seem a bit difficult. But its actually pretty easy, As long as you follow the steps the devs put out.

Sent from my rezzzound!

I'm pretty comfortable with the rooting process itself but from all the people with problems I've read about, it just seems a lot more can go wrong when tinkering with the HTC phones.

arbs27

Reaction score
Yeah, well if you have questions, ask before anything, you'll see it isn't as complicated.

Sent from my rezound