Take snap case off easily

pyro6128

Reaction score
I bought a black snap on case from a kiosk at the mall around here. It fits the phone great and looks great. Anyway, after putting it on I tried to take it off at home to put it in my dock. It felt like I was going to break the phone taking the case off, so obviously I couldnt do it every day. A simple solution I found was to sand down certain pieces of the case. The case that covers the screen has 4 lips that essentially lock it onto the phone, two on the top and two on the bottom. By sanding down two of them, the case now comes off the front very easily (if you know where to press). The back part of the case has two lips on the left and one on the right, so I just sanded down the one on the right a little bit, and now it holds, but also comes off easy when I want to. Also, none of the sanded areas are rough, so they don't scratch the phone. I know its nothing revolutionary, but if you've held off on a snap on case for the sole reason of not being able to use it in your docks, doing this makes it a non issue. I can take off the case in a sec or two, which I do every night, or every time Im near my dock. Only took me dropping the phone once to realize I should have a case on it. Just food for thought.