Help w| Taking Off Case?!

Droid_Rookie

Reaction score
Okay so I got the Droid for Christmas with a case. The case is kind of bulky and when I close the phone (to hide the QWERTY) it presses numbers on the left side of they keyboard. I was wondering if maybe the guy put it on wrong and if I should take it off and put it back on or if this is just a BAD case. I've been trying to snap the case off the front but IT ISN'T COMING OFF!:icon_evil:

Here are some pics:
Photo50.jpg

Photo49.jpg

HELP!

scott_ev

Reaction score
case removal

I have that case and don't have problems with the case hitting numbers or letters while closing. Anyway, to remove that case, I start up to the right of the power button and snap off the upper right side since it's the smallest contact piece. Then I move across the top to the left. The case should be easier to take off after you've done it a few times. Now, look at the top case. There's a small hole in the edge of one end. That needs to be pointed down so it sits above the microphone. Work with it a little and I'm sure you'll get it to work just fine. If not, get some body skinz or something similar to protect the case and enjoy the way that phone looks without a case. In either case, DO NOT drop that phone as the glass will shatter.

buzzdar

Reaction score
I too got this case for christmas the only downside for me is that i have to take the back of the case off to be able to use it with the multimedia station. will be great once i find the trick to be able to get the back of the case to come off faster. to me thats the only down side of it.

buzzdar

Reaction score
ps i dont have any problems with it pressing any numbers i would guess its not on there fully if its pressing any keys.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
It should not be pressing any keys. As scott_ev said, look to make sure that the microphone cutout is on the bottom by the mic and not at the top. Also make sure that the top piece only has 5 tabs and not 7 tabs to hold it on. The ones with 7 tabs were recalled because the tabs on the side that the USB port is on will hit the keyboard. They were removed on the new ones.

Was the case/holster bought at a Verizon store or on ebay? The ones on ebay are the recalled ones.

will.anaya

Reaction score
removing the case should be real easy. i takes me about 2- 5 seconds (a whole lot better than the body glove shell).

like it was said before, look for the hole for the face cover, should be on the bottom of the phone.

you could return it or maybe shave some of the offending plastic off if you dont want to wait because imho, its the best case out there.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
Taking off the case

I made a tool for this to make it easier. Need to take it off now and then to access the SD etc.

Get a WOODEN coffee stir stick, thin down one end with a pocket knife or emory board and use it to gently pry out the case at the clip points starting in a corner and working down the side. The wood stick will not damage the finish and the tool gives you much more control.:icon_ banana:

OP
D

Droid_Rookie

Reaction score
LOL, what are you saying? Did you make this tool and attempt to use and broke off your tabs?
No I just took off the front case and the rep at the Verizon Store said there'll be more by the end of this week. And angry face was for the 7 tabs, not meaning a sarcastic thanks. :)

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
LOL, what are you saying? Did you make this tool and attempt to use and broke off your tabs?
No I just took off the front case and the rep at the Verizon Store said there'll be more by the end of this week. And angry face was for the 7 tabs, not meaning a sarcastic thanks. :)

Oh, okay. I was wondering if someone was so lame they couldn't use a stick without hurting themselves. :icon_ devil: or their phone. <grin>