T-Mobile's Next Uncarrier Phase Might have Phone Unlocking & Next-Gen Billing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
T-Mobiles-UN-carrier5-simplified-rate-set-up-prices-will-include-taxes.jpg

Despite all of the buzz about a potential merger with Sprint, T-Mobile is wisely pressing forward as if nothing has changed. They are reportedly still planning on pouring more pressure on AT&T and Verizon by offering up improvements to their Uncarrier initiative. According to the latest rumint, T-Mo's 5.0 phase for Uncarrier could include phone unlocking and some form of next-gen billing.

Obviously it's easy to get excited about a phone unlocking program, but the next-gen billing doesn't sound too shabby either. This "next-gen" billing will simply include all the fees and taxes into one simplified price. For example, if they offered a $50 plan, that's the price you would actually pay for the service.

What an intriguing idea!

Source: AndroidAuthority

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
T-Mobiles-UN-carrier5-simplified-rate-set-up-prices-will-include-taxes.jpg

Despite all of the buzz about a potential merger with Sprint, T-Mobile is wisely pressing forward as if nothing has changed. They are reportedly still planning on pouring more pressure on AT&T and Verizon by offering up improvements to their Uncarrier initiative. According to the latest rumint, T-Mo's 5.0 phase for Uncarrier could include phone unlocking and some form of next-gen billing.

Obviously it's easy to get excited about a phone unlocking program, but the next-gen billing doesn't sound too shabby either. This "next-gen" billing will simply include all the fees and taxes into one simplified price. For example, if they offered a $50 plan, that's the price you would actually pay for the service.

What an intriguing idea!

Source: AndroidAuthority

I see ads on tv for a company called Period where their rate plans include the taxes and fees in the price beforehand so a $50 plan is $50 total.
I like that idea.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Caesars

Reaction score
A lot of the speculation seems like a clump of little (but good) things, I'm excited for whatever the "big announcement" is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That's the way it's done here. Anything you buy has all fees and tax included.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait wait...so if my plan is the 700 minute, 4GB of Data, and unlimited text for $70 per month, it will actually be $70, and not $97.32????

That's a crazy idea! Wow, paying the actual price of a service, and having all the taxes rolled in? :blink: I wish more vendors took to this mode of billing as well. Imagine getting fries and a burger from the dollar menu, and actually having it cost: $2.00. LOL

GO TMO!

Maybe it's time for me to give up unlimited data, and save some money.