AT&T Practically Bribing Customers to Leave T-Mobile with Up to $450

RickWood427

Reaction score
This really isn't much of an incentive.

The only trade in phones that will be worth anything are new phones in the $500-$800 area, $250 isn't very generous.

AT&T can't touch data pricing either. I have one line on T-mobile with 5Gb of 4G then 2g unlimited. AT&T will offer me 300Mb for more money.

Ummm... No Thanks!!!

To keep this relevant, I also have Verizon service. T-mobile is consistently faster on download speeds, a bit slower on upload speeds, and pings are about the same.

The catch is, when I get to the city limits sign, T-mobile 4G goes away although voice has been reliable thus far.

Verizon still has the coverage advantage, for now.

scott craft

Reaction score
When both of my lines on Verizon are out of contract in a year and a half I'm going to be looking hard at T-Mobile and Sprint. I don't think either will be able to match Verizon and AT&T for coverage in that time so if not I'll try out prepaid.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm completely out of contract... I'm happy that way... and I'm going to stay with VZW until they take my unlimited away.

something that is interesting to me is that sprint is now owned at about 80% by softbank, who used to be part of Vodafone, before they were sold in 2006.

Verizon just bought out Vodafone's stake for 130 million a few months ago... or at least that's what I remember reading.

so... Sprint is now owned by softbank, who was owned by Vodafone, who was until recently partners with big red.

strange how this is all coming full circle..

VZW won't be at the top forever... as data consumption increases unlimited will eventually be an option again, albiet at a slightly higher price. Sprint or T-Mobile are already making waves... they will onlt get bigger and as big red rests on it's laurels they will slowly start to die... as someone else said, one papercut at a time.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I'm hoping this forces Verizon's hand into offering unlimited again. Even though I do not need unlimited it always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing I have it. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Verizon began rolling out advanced lte network with speeds up to 150mbps. This year they will also let customers experience voice over lte which includes HD voice and video chat.

Other networks have A LOT of catching up to do. In rural parts of Michigan, sprint and att barely have voice coverage where Verizon has steady 4g lte.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Verizon began rolling out advanced lte network with speeds up to 150mbps. This year they will also let customers experience voice over lte which includes HD voice and video chat.

Other networks have A LOT of catching up to do. In rural parts of Michigan, sprint and att barely have voice coverage where Verizon has steady 4g lte.

Yeah, VZW has the best service and costs more because they spend/reinvest more on their network. Not exactly rocket science.

mykl376

Reaction score
How much data do calls with VO LTE use? Could that affect the network if everyone is using LTE for data and calls? I'm just curious, since that's Verizon's big reason for eliminating new unlimited data plans, but giving everyone unlimited voice.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much data do calls with VO LTE use? Could that affect the network if everyone is using LTE for data and calls? I'm just curious, since that's Verizon's big reason for eliminating new unlimited data plans, but giving everyone unlimited voice.

Unless they've figured a way to reorient physics, using more of a finite resource could indeed cause a problem.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

jamjr74

Reaction score

Good point! Never even thought of that, although I don't think calls would use much data it could be a concern. Hopefully a new plan structure would be introduced as well. We will have to wait and see.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jfriend33

Reaction score
People that moan and complain all the time about verizon is annoying. If you want unlimited data go to Howard forums or search here for an assumption of liability....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk