Syncing contacts with gmail.

MnkySpnk

Reaction score
I have been trying for ages to sync all my phone contacts with gmail without any luck. When I log onto gmail it only has a quarter of my contacts. Anyone know what I'm overlooking.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TommyLive

Reaction score
Did you configure the mobile options in Google calendar? There's a code you get after putting in your mobile number... After that mine worked fine.

swamp

Reaction score
There are multiple type of contacts in your phone. Each contact has an owner or account. Go to People>Menu>View. You will see the various owners, SIM, Phone and Google (gmail) accounts. SIM and Phone are obviously locally stored and don't sync. If you input contacts on your phone scroll to the very top of the list of fields and select the account.

TommyLive

Reaction score
Swamp, you seem to know your stuff... I have another post asking how to select multiple e-mail messages for delete. The only way I've been able to do it is to go to GMail and do it from there -which doesn't apply to my POP account. Any ideas?

Oh, and thanks for the sorting info.

swamp

Reaction score
^ Sorry, do not know. I just organize email in Outlook (on PC) and use Google Apps Sync.

OP
MnkySpnk

MnkySpnk

Reaction score
When I transfered contacts from the x to the thunderbolt it saved them as phone contacts not gmail. There is no option to change it. So I spent hrs fixing each one individually. I had to export import contacts to sync with gmail and delete the duplicates.

bhall238

Reaction score
I'm pretty confused about the contact situation too. Coming from the OG Droid, most of my contacts came over to the Tbolt, but not all and some were missing some info like a home address or one of the numbers if a contact had multiples. Then there was something about linking accounts. I have been manually making the corrections a few at a time manually. Is that my only option? My Droid still works but it's no longer activated.

TommyLive

Reaction score
Initially the guy at the Verizon store plugged my OmniaII and new TBolt into some contraption and transferred all of them. Then when I discovered I can sync my Outlook info with HTC Sync I abandoned Google; THEN I found a contact I was looking for missing from Outlook, which I consider my "base" info. So now I'm back to slow-ass Google with not as many options to administer my contacts and calendar. It seems trying to get the best from both worlds on screws things up. So... although Google isn't as intense as Outlook I'm sticking to it since it updates automatically and in seconds. Not sure if I answered your question.