Gmail Contacts don't sync

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Ever since I got my TB, I realized that my Gmail doesn't sync correctly. I put contacts on my device and it does not show up on my contacts list in GMail on my PC. What do I need to do?

Edit..I found the answer to my question so forum moderator may delete this posting please. Thanks

Last edited:

johnd09

Reaction score
Where did you find it? I have the same problem.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Where did you find it? I have the same problem.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!
When you input a new contact in, after putting in the person's name, You need to choose contact type as "Google" because phone is defaulted to save contacts in phone's memory as opposed to your Gmail acct. From what I gathered, it has to do with AOSP device and HTC. It's kind of a pain but It's Android so there's always a small bump on the road..:icon_eek:

deyec

Reaction score
Gmail not synching (Solution)

I had the same problem for about a week and looked on every forum with no results or solutions. I realized that my apps storage was almost maxed out (judging from the notification bar that i had been ignoring since then). Not sure how these things are related (Gmail sync and my apps), but i deleted some unnecessary apps and BOOM it started to sync again!

LOVE my Evo for so many reasons (reformed iPhone victim), but this is one issue that bugs me, that there is a LIMIT on how many apps i can put on my 6 month old phone. Does Rooting help? (I know, a topic for another forum).

Hope this helps!