Syncing contacts, calendar, apps (and preferably everything else) as a cloud backup

Reaction score
I need to learn what it's all about that a gmail account will sync the users contacts, calendars and apps so that the same can be easily restored when needed. Mine does not seem to be doing that, but I've also complicated things. I need to keep my Outlook contacts and calendar in sync on the GN, preferably a one-way sync so I don't risk corrupting the data on my PC. I've found Companionlink/DejaOffice to be an outstanding solution for this. It is transparently keeping my contacts and calendar in sync via Wi-Fi when I'm at home. Love it. DejaContacts is a necessary element because the native Contacts app on Android does not preserve all of the content that can be in the notes field in Outlook. DejaContacts does.

And DejaOffice (on its own or by some setting I didn't know I made...need to investigate) is syncing contacts and calendar with the native Android apps (I sure hope it's a one-way sync from Deja to native).

However, when I added a gmail account to my GN, my Google calendar inherited the calendar entries from my GN, but the contacts at Google are still empty. And I can't see a trigger to pull them in, too (import is not the solution I want to use).

OP
F
Reaction score
Hmmm.... It looks like there is not a way to edit or delete a post here (one's own post).