Sync Droid with Windows 7?

A

apeshitninja

Anyone doing this successfully?

Windows doesn't recognize it, the Motorola Media Link app says there is no handset connected. What am I missing here?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some people reportedly have to download the driver from motorola to get this to work. But as a base question, are you going into notification and mounting the SDcard?

aka_rob

Reaction score
I did not have any trouble getting the motorola media link program to see my phone; I am using Win. 7. Just make sure you mount like Stigy said..

andjarnic

Reaction score
You know..I gotta say.. it kind of sux that you have to manually mount this device every time you connect it. It should default.. or have an option to default to automatically mounting when it plugs in to a USB port. I am rather surprised when the iPhone and other phones have been out for years that contain memory/SD cards that do this, that this phone does not have an automatic way to do this... or did I miss that it DOES have a way to do this every time and perhaps it's only the first time you connect it you have to select that?

I do understand that there are two modes.. connect as SD/flash card, and the other mode is for developers to use the USB to deploy/test apps on the device with as I am using that other mode myself.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know..I gotta say.. it kind of sux that you have to manually mount this device every time you connect it. It should default.. or have an option to default to automatically mounting when it plugs in to a USB port. I am rather surprised when the iPhone and other phones have been out for years that contain memory/SD cards that do this, that this phone does not have an automatic way to do this... or did I miss that it DOES have a way to do this every time and perhaps it's only the first time you connect it you have to select that?

I do understand that there are two modes.. connect as SD/flash card, and the other mode is for developers to use the USB to deploy/test apps on the device with as I am using that other mode myself.

1) some people don't want it to sync with their computer, they'd rather just have it charge the device and be down with it.

2) linux... just remember.. linux

OP
A

apeshitninja

I figured it out, it wasn't the Droid it was my laptop. Under Win7 none of my USB ports work...wonderful.

Hooked it up to my Win7 PC and can copy just fine. Charging still doesn't work though, will try those drivers linked above, thanks!

wazoo

Reaction score
Still can't get Media Link to see Droid

So.... I downloaded the Media Link software and mount my USB card on the Droid... but although Windows 7 sees the device (as a regular storage device), Media Link will NOT see the phone!

What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the drivers above but am not sure where to put the files.

Any help appreciated.

b00sted

Reaction score
I am running windows 7 x64 with no issues. Driver loaded right up and phone charges. I use DoubleTwist for my media manager and it works perfect and even will re-encode the video to supported format!

wazoo

Reaction score
I am running windows 7 x64 with no issues. Driver loaded right up and phone charges. I use DoubleTwist for my media manager and it works perfect and even will re-encode the video to supported format!

Yes... but the question remains: Are you running the Motorola Media Link software on Windows 7 x64 (as I am) and does it recognize the device?

I want to sync up with my iTunes Library and this seems like a good solution.... if only I could get it to see my Droid.

monkeydog

Reaction score

Yes... but the question remains: Are you running the Motorola Media Link software on Windows 7 x64 (as I am) and does it recognize the device?

I want to sync up with my iTunes Library and this seems like a good solution.... if only I could get it to see my Droid.

I'm using motorola media link and win 7 x64 just fine. Plug in your droid and then pull down the notification bar and mount the droid. Then in motorola media link go to utilities then handset connection wizard and it should see your droid right away and you can choose it. Works fine for me everytime.

wazoo

Reaction score

I'm using motorola media link and win 7 x64 just fine. Plug in your droid and then pull down the notification bar and mount the droid. Then in motorola media link go to utilities then handset connection wizard and it should see your droid right away and you can choose it. Works fine for me everytime.

Yup. That's EXACTLY what I'm doing but it is not working. Just says that no handset is found. I wonder what the problem could be?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
works for me. downloaded the drivers automatically. i can't figure out bluetooth to my computer though....but doesn't matter to me or not, i like direct usb connection

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Ill state another way for you Windows7 guys (lika i am too)

Just for synch my Old smartphones under windows 7 i set up a virtual windows XP.
Its rather easy and rather free. Here is How it goes:

1. Download and install MS Virtual PC for free Here

2. If you own a Windows XP Disc from former PC proceed here, if not, take it from step 3
Open up Program MS VirtualPC and install a virtual PC wif your XP Disc

3 If you dont own XP CD: Google for VirtualPC XP Virtual disk, you should find a pre installed disk to DL and use in VirtualPC

4. Set the VirtualPC to hand through the computers USB slots to the virtualPC

5. COnnect and have fun!

:D

Hope that helps out a little!