Swype question

FootballRef

Reaction score
When I make a mistake on Swype, I will double tap the word that needs to be corrected. I will then make my correction. When I got to my next work it will often leave a double space in front of the word I just corrected.

Anyone know how to keep Swype from doing this? It is a small issue, but it drives me nuts. :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No idea.

I had the Swype beta and all of a sudden the swyping part of it stopped working so i uninstalled it.

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
I like the Swype app. Just this one small issue had kept me from using it before. I am now trying to get back to using it, but still annoyed by this

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
Turning the auto space off helps. Just have to hit the space bar after every writs now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
have you tried tapping the space bar once?
When a word I don't , for whatever reason,want comes up I tap the swype icon and space once, it deletes the word and goes back to where it started.
Just for fun touch the swype icon and drag to the sym. it opens a new set of options.also try tap swype key and drag up to the F key.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

joekinde

Reaction score
also, instead of double-tapping the word, you can press the 'swype' key to bring up the list of correct word options. I haven't had the double-space problem that you describe using that 'swype' key.

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
also, instead of double-tapping the word, you can press the 'swype' key to bring up the list of correct word options. I haven't had the double-space problem that you describe using that 'swype' key.
That seems to work...Thanks!!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have trouble with "Ii" when trying to do a capital 'I'... I have to 'remove' it from the dictionary after EVERY restart... getting real annoying.