Swype Problem

droiduser12

Reaction score
Swype is not working on my phone. My Input Method is set to Swype, yet when I swype, there is a blue line that quickly appears and disappears around the keyboard and it doesn't type out anything. I even tried doing the tutorial and it doesn't work either. I tried clearing the data for the Swype app but that didn't get me anywhere. My phone is jailbroken so I can't really go to the Verizon store.... Does anyone know what's going on?

joshoid

Reaction score
Your Beta might have expired. Go to swype.com, download installation package and reinstall on your phone. Should fix.

Swyped from my Elite Droid!

scottabenn

Reaction score
This is a known problem from time to time with the Beta Swype program. Go to any input screen where you are using Swype. Hold your finger on the input field until the Input select window opens. Change the input from Swype back to the default setting. Again hold your finger back on the input screen until the Input select window opens again and select Swype. You should be back up and running. Happens once in awhile when I restart my phone and use my task killer.

OP
D

droiduser12

Reaction score
You were right about it being expired; I kept getting the message that said my trial version expired. My phone came with Swype already installed, so I uninstalled it and tried to install Beta swype via https://beta.swype.com/. The installation does not work =( =( I've tried it about 6 times. I can't get past Step 10 (Swype | Text Input for Screens) and I saw on my phone it's only Version 1.1.20186.

Are there apps equivalent to Swype Beta? It's so difficult reverting back to the Droid keyboard.

joshoid

Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Maybe somebody can help out on this one. Based on your link, step 10 looks like it is application installed. Is this the step your stuck on. If so you can go to settings/keyboard & language. select Swype, you will see the pop up asking permission. Otherwise you should be able to long press on text input screen and get the option to use swype.

dkshaer

Reaction score
The 2.2.2 update came this morning for my D1. Now swype doesn't recognize my gestures. I tried the above process and got a message that swype was configured for another device. Hmm....

scottabenn

Reaction score
I have the Beta version only. It was not a factory install. The Swype web site has a lot of information about the various phones and formats.

OP
D

droiduser12

Reaction score
Wow you all must be good luck! I tried the installation process one more time and was finally able to DL the app and enable Swype. It's working beautifully. I guess persistence is key (I really hadn't done anything differently than the first 6 times).

Thanks again for your assistance!

souljerr

Reaction score
Swype is not working on my phone. My Input Method is set to Swype, yet when I swype, there is a blue line that quickly appears and disappears around the keyboard and it doesn't type out anything. I even tried doing the tutorial and it doesn't work either. I tried clearing the data for the Swype app but that didn't get me anywhere. My phone is jailbroken so I can't really go to the Verizon store.... Does anyone know what's going on?

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I'll try to go the site and reinstall.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
The 2.2.2 update came this morning for my D1. Now swype doesn't recognize my gestures. I tried the above process and got a message that swype was configured for another device. Hmm....

I get this when my default browser is set to one that has User Agent set to Computer or Desktop. When I switch back to the built-in browser I can then re-install.