swype double tap editing not working

ucpro

Reaction score
i've tried to correct my mispells that swype doesn't catch. i looked on their site and they have a tutorial for double tap editing where they tap on the wrong word twice, then the word choice menu pops up, but when i try it doesn't work..it just selects the words and asks me to select all, etc...here a vid of what i'm tryin to do:

[video=youtube;KcMy3G5xXGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcMy3G5xXGY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Swype Tips: Word Correction[/video]

bart2546

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this thread so I figured I wouldn't create a new one and I don't feel like joining yet another forum so I'm not joining the Swype forums. I am having the same issue. I know the BETA version of Swype does not allow double tap however I have the DX and it of course came pre-installed. The other issue I seem to have is where you can tap then drag to the space bar to get the "secondary" character to show up....this only works for me with the question mark. Anything else I try gives me double letters or just complete jargon.

Any thoughts or solutions?

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
I know this thread is old BUUUUUT I'm having the exact same problem with my Droid X ever since the software update!!! Anyone ever find a solution for this??