Swype and Deleting a word

peeg67

Reaction score
Whenever I highlight a word and only that word, then hit the SWYPE key to delete it, the word choice box pops up. If I hit the swype key again, nothing. If I hold the swype key, I get help. I've tried entering the word in GMAIL, text messages, I can't figure it out.

Also, when I tap on a word twice, it places the cursor there. I've tried really fast double tapping, slower double tapping, and getting frustrated and hitting the word 10 times. That didn't work either! Thanks.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
So what are you asking? Are you wanting to know how to delete a word? If that is it, all you have to do is hold the "X" delete button down...to delete just a letter or a succession of letters, tap it repeatedly.

Look at the Green Boxed button in the attached pic below...

18880647733787515276.jpg

OP
P

peeg67

Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I want to delete the word from the dictionary (for example a nonsense word that it saved). Highliting the word then hitting the swyped key doesn't do it - the word choice window pops up repeatedly. I never the the "confirm to delete" message.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
What swype version is that? It looks nice
I honestly couldnt tell you...I "swiped"(pun intended) the picture from Google for use as a prop...:biggrin:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I want to delete the word from the dictionary (for example a nonsense word that it saved). Highliting the word then hitting the swyped key doesn't do it - the word choice window pops up repeatedly. I never the the "confirm to delete" message.
That as well, I cant tell you as I havent seen a need to remove a word from the dictionary...I generally just buzz right on through with my text and ignore the pop-ups and fix what I need to when I am dome typing...sorry.:smile:

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
To answer your question, I think your highlighting the word on the wrong screen

Type ur nonsense word in a text message, put the cursor in the middle of the word then long press the word and click select all. Then press the swype button and it will delete

OP
P

peeg67

Reaction score
Didn't work. If I long press, the cursor just stays there, the "select all" box doesn't come up. If the cursor is outside of the word, the entire screen is highlighted and that box comes up but it will delete every word on the screen. Is it possible I have a setting in the "settings menu" messed up? Thanks.

Daali

Reaction score
To answer your question, I think your highlighting the word on the wrong screen

Type ur nonsense word in a text message, put the cursor in the middle of the word then long press the word and click select all. Then press the swype button and it will delete

Thank you! This worked for me.