Swype issues

aozoranotsuki

Reaction score
ive been using swype the last few days and ive noticed a few problems

when you misspell a word, you are supposeda be able to double tap the word and a word list comes up. when the phone is vertical, when i double click a word, it only highlights, the first time i tried this, it -did- bring up the list, but not after that. i have to hit the swype key to pull up the list

but when the phone is held on its side for the bigger keyboard, when i double tap a word, nothing at all happens. sometimes i can see it trying to highlight, but it quickly releases it. then i have problems trying to tap the cursor between words, it will only go in specific places, maybe one out of every 4-5 character spaces

i could live with the vertical issue, but when its horizontal its almost unable if i make a mistake texting
anyone else having any problems like this? im not using a task killer btw

OP
A

aozoranotsuki

Reaction score
no one else is experiencing this? its not just my phone, i went to verizon today and it had the exact same thing. its too inconsistent to be correct

AngusW

Reaction score
Swype technology is great in theory but HORRIBLE in practice. I had it on my Omnia 2 and it never worked right. I'd suggest sticking to good ole fashioned typing.

belome

Reaction score
Put the cursor on or near the word and hit the swype button. It highlights it and brings up suggestions.

astronomeric210

Reaction score
I know you can hit the swype button but I think it would be easier just to double tap...

belome

Reaction score
I didn't know you were supposed to be able too... even in Verticle mode mine just highlights it and doesn't offer word suggestions. I've always just hit the swype key.

Taegost

Reaction score
I think there's a setting in Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Swype Settings for the word list popping up, but I could be wrong.
As far as double-tapping to highlight, it depends on what you're doing. I've noticed on most web sites (Especially when sharing something from GeeksAreSexy.com) Swype either doesn't work in the box, or you can't double-tap to highlight.
I believe most of these issues were fixed in the latest Beta release, but I don't know when (if ever) our phones get that.