Swype not working in FRF84B

ohioDroid

Reaction score
It worked fine in the Froyo build from 2 weeks ago or so. Now, while the keyboard does come up, and the line from dragging my finger appears, no text actually ends up in the textfield.

I also get the error message:

"The Swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality."

I tried downloading the beta from their website again and get the same error. Any ideas?

EDIT: Here's two suggested solutions I used together which was effective for me.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall multiple times but still got the same message, I ended up having to delete my titanium backup of swype before it would reinstall properly.

You have to uninstall it, reboot your phone, and then re-install it from the download, or if you have the APK stashed away.

Last edited:

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I went back to the original email I received and downloaded the installer which in turn downloaded the app. Not having issues with swype at all.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
happening to me sporadically too.
going back to CM508..just works better.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I tried to uninstall/reinstall multiple times but still got the same message, I ended up having to delete my titanium backup of swype before it would reinstall properly.

Taegost

Reaction score
You have to uninstall it, reboot your phone, and then re-install it from the download, or if you have the APK stashed away.

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score

I did both of these, and it worked! Thanks for the help dancedroid

phiqzer

Reaction score
I am currently running SimplyStunning 4.7, prior to this I was running LiquidFroYo. In both cases, I am not even allowed to download the installer from the website, them saying I am not running an android phone (lovely, I get a new error) Anyone have any suggestions to me? BTW, I have been searching here since it started on Thursday morning, so inb4 use the search.

Edit. Okay, strange. I just reloaded swype. Now it works. I have comes nothing different.

Last edited: