Swype issues after Verizon System Update

Apota

Reaction score
Well, I just installed Swype a few days ago and it's been working fine. Today Verizon forced me to do a system update (FRG83D) and now Swype is no longer working. It gave me and error message saying:

"The Swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality.

Please contact Swype about this issue."

Swype just beeps when you try to swype with it. I have the Motorla Droid A855. Thanks for your help and time!

Last edited:

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Had the same problem. Uninstall it, then reinstall. You have to go into settings/apps/all to find it. Then just run Swype Installer again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

Apota

Reaction score
I just uninstalled both the Swype app and the Swype install app and then I followed the same instructions I used to install it the first time.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
don't even need to uninstall the installer to reinstall (mouthful). uninstall the app itself, then open the installer. it will see that there is no app there anymore and have you reinstall it. login and pass required of course.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got it back without having to uninstall and reinstall. I just cleared the data from Swype and opened the installer (which I had installed in November). It asked me if I wanted to generate a new license. I pressed the "Generate License" button, entered my email & password and it fired right up.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, they had said that the new installer was supposed to fix problems. Lucky; I was planning to uninstall Swype like you suggested and just decided to give it a shot.

coachrgraves

Reaction score
When I install the installer, it tells me "the data network experienced a problem, please try again". Will not accept my password!