Swype Not Completing All Functions

bart2546

Reaction score
Hello all,

First let me say thanks to many of you. The knowledge you all share out on these boards us tremendous and you should be applauded for it.

I have a Droid X and of course this came with Swype. I've been watching the videos on their website and trying to search but I cannot get one annoying thing to work and that is double tap to edit. When I double tap a word it will highlight it, but then I have no choice but to back space out and retype the word.

Is there anyone else out there with the same problem or that has heard this and has found a solution? If it's just a bug issue and they're supposed to be working on it that's fine but I feel like I can do something to fix it.

This is on an unrooted phone with the most recent OTA update. No other issues with the phone at all

Thank you advance!

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The joy of beta apps.....
Have you hit up the developers website?

OP
B

bart2546

Reaction score
Not so far, I didn't want to join another forum yet and the one topic I found on it was just that someone didn't have it working in their beta downloaded version but that it supposedly worked on any version that came pre-installed.

Regards,
Brandon

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If swype came pre-installed you are not suppose to install the beta.

OP
B

bart2546

Reaction score
Right, and I didn't but the function of the double tap to edit is not working in my pre-installed version. I figure it'll just be an issue they have to work out with an update at some point I guess.

Regards,
Brandon

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Don't double tap the word at all... Simply hit the "i" button on the bottom left of the keyboard to check for better words..

If you notice it was a word in a previous sentence or few words back THEN you should double tap the word THEN press the "i" button again. Some words you will still need to type out, like "still". You can add that word by double tapping after you type it out and pressing that button again.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

OP
B

bart2546

Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I'll have to go with for now. Appreciate the help as always!

Regards,
Brandon

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Let me know about your confidence level after working with swype now..

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)