Swype Keyboard

Pacersfan316

Reaction score
Just started using the swype keyboard and im enjoying it a lot, finding it much easier to text and mad fun so i was going to stick with it but when i went to manage running apps i saw the swype i didnt know it was like an app and is always running so is this going to drain the battery?

Any other swype users out there that text a decent amount and notice a battery drain or does it not really affect it that much

Zandar

Reaction score
Swype's effect on the battery is negligible. The stock keyboard also affects battery life, but it would be listed under "Android OS," or something similar. Swype is awesome; one of my favorite things about Android (my wife, as non-techie as you can get, now refuses to use a device without Swype).

Sliced from my RAZR

km75

Reaction score
Whatever keyboard you are using will always show. Whether its swype or a different keyboard. No need to be alarmed. That's just how it is.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Meltman

Reaction score
I love swype but was a little disappointed that the keyboard is a little smaller then the droid x. Can you get alternate keyboards???? Either way I love swype and will not get a phone without it......just saying lol!

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I use SWYPE as my keyboard. It's awesome! I encourage you to go to their website and learn the advanced features. You can do a lot.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

surge

Reaction score
Great keyboard, been using it for two years. Don't want to try any other.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

didymus

Reaction score
Been using Swype and really like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
P

Pacersfan316

Reaction score
Yea i ignored that it uses any battery cause i still get really good battery considering how much i text and swype is amazing i love...be jealous iphone's