Swype keyboard goes back to stock with v0.5

Puresilence

Reaction score
Dunno if this is a bug but with GB v0.4 the gingerbread keyboard shows up with swype which i love, but when I update to GB v0.5 the swype keyboard looks like it used to with stock, is this a bug? Is there a way to get the keyboard look like the gingerbread one while using swype if v0.5?

sate86

Reaction score
i had the same issue when upgrading from .4 to .5. i read an earlier post by someone, to which someone responded that the "themed" version of skype wasnt properly included in the .5 zip which is why we have the default color again. the implication is that the next update will contain the proper theme - (think development is paused until the final ota build is available).

if you find the previous post, there is a (unverified?) workaround of copying the swype.apk from the .4 build into your .5 system. but - didnt seem worth the risk for me to try.

OP
P

Puresilence

Reaction score
Alright thanks, just making sure it wasn't just me. Ill just leave it at v0.4 then until the next update. Unless there is a real need for me to be at v0.5 then I think i can get over the keyboard