Swype Update...

Chillout

Reaction score
Swype BETA for Android UPDATE - March 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong please, because it's quite possible I am..lol I am in the Swype beta program, been for a long time now and I love it. When I flashed Liberty 1.5 I had the basic keyboard, all was fine. I hadn't actually redownloaded and installed Swype after wards. I used the Toolbox and flashed the Blur Keyboard. When I did that my swype returned. So is the blur keyboard similar to or the same as Swype? If so how does one go about updating to the latest version of swype, or will that have to be covered by by Liberty itself?

Might sound like a dumb question now that I read it but I'd hate to screw up the rom and/or theme now that I have my phone just the way I like it, if I don't need too..lol

Thanks all!

Last edited:

mr_brady

Reaction score
I'm also on the Swype Beta list. I just un-installed the Swype that came with Liberty and installed the new Swype Beta, rebuilt the permissions and restarted the phone. Unfortunately Swype crashed every time the phone booted up and I was unable to use it, so I uninstalled it. Now I have no Swype.

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
I'm also on the Swype Beta list. I just un-installed the Swype that came with Liberty and installed the new Swype Beta, rebuilt the permissions and restarted the phone. Unfortunately Swype crashed every time the phone booted up and I was unable to use it, so I uninstalled it. Now I have no Swype.

I would imagine, short of any other fixes that others might know of; a wipe and reinstall of Liberty would fix the issue. I can't live without my Swype I know that, I fail at texting without it LOL

OSDroid

Reaction score
Try clearing the dvalik cache. My swype started working as expected after I did that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
I did all that, and also cleared \system\lib\libSwypeCore.so. (as mentioned on another forum) then I did a reboot, and the re-install of swype went through without issues.

Now rocking the new beta. I really like the new "hide keyboard" gesture. (Run your finger from the Swype button to the backspace button to do this.)

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
So I'm wondering, if I update my Swype to the new release, and then reflash my current theme, if the swype keyboard will be updated then too ...hhmmm I suppose not now that I think about it.

I'll probably give it a shot today later on see how it goes.

420Man

Reaction score
I can't get past version 1.64.40.9380. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App