Swype issues

Droidemz

Reaction score
I love the new lithium mod, I had been running kangerade for months before this recent switch. My only issue, and its kind of a big issue is that swype does not work with it. Is there any sort of work around? I love swype beta it just makes entering text so much more fluid and enjoyable. :icon_evil:

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
Good question. My swype is non-functional also

Its really bothering me, the standard keyboard is so lame. Maybe some sort of terminal command we can run to sneak around this?

huskur

Reaction score
terminal will have no bearing on getting swype to run on 2.2
I am sure someone has the answer

vmann32

Reaction score
I have no issues but have previously I uninstalled and reinstalled bam done.Hope it works for you guys cause it is awesome.

EvilDobe

Reaction score
I had the same issue & had to re-download the Swype installer then install the keyboard that way. Using my old installer stopped working after flashing too much. Do you still have your beta e-mail? If you do I'd suggest downloading the installer again from their site or you can e-mail them requesting another another beta e-mail. They're pretty good about getting that done if you tell them you flash ROMs they normally have a 24hr turn around time (at least in my instance).

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
I tried that, I actually get a msg from the swype saying it does not work with my device, I guess I should try again though?

SoCalBucfan

Reaction score
Is it possible to download swype again ? The screen on my DI recently shattered, and as a result I'm getting a replacement. Wasn't sure if I could transfer the app to the new phone or not? Looking at the swype site, says the beta program has stopped? Any ideas? Thanks

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
Is it possible to download swype again ? The screen on my DI recently shattered, and as a result I'm getting a replacement. Wasn't sure if I could transfer the app to the new phone or not? Looking at the swype site, says the beta program has stopped? Any ideas? Thanks

just sign into your beta account and request a new email invite, thats how you install

EvilDobe

Reaction score
I would contact Swype & ask them what is up with your account/installation package since it seems to me that you're having an account issue & not an issue with the ROM itself. I flash a new rom almost daily & rarely come across an issue with any of the ROMs. The only problem I have with Swype is the "Audio Feedback" is greyed out & checked (which is a known "bug") and they are working on it.

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
Ok, so the total uninstall of swype installer and swype and then reinstall of both worked, finally have my beloved back! thanks guys