Swype isn't working...

The Albatross

Reaction score
Installed Liberty, everything seems to work except for swype. I've made sure the swype input is selected, the tracer lines show up on the keyboard when I drag my finger over the letters but the word won't display. I downloaded the stock Swype app for droid 2 on here in the form of a zip file, but I don't know what to do from here. Please be as explicit as possible, don't simply just say reboot, flash, etc thanks

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Installed Liberty, everything seems to work except for swype. I've made sure the swype input is selected, the tracer lines show up on the keyboard when I drag my finger over the letters but the word won't display. I downloaded the stock Swype app for droid 2 on here in the form of a zip file, but I don't know what to do from here. Please be as explicit as possible, don't simply just say reboot, flash, etc thanks

Crap, I had meant to look into this and had forgotten, I apologize. Give me a few minutes. It helps that I actually have a D2 now (thanks to a generous friend) so I can look into these things firsthand.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Open your text messages and where it says tap to compose hold your finger down and is goin to ask you to change text input click on that and select swype.

He's asking for help as to why its not working not how to turn it on.

As for your dilemma sometimes when I'm using swype I'll start to spell the word and it won't appear then, I do it a second time and ends up as a space, the third time is when the word actually shows up. Is it acting like this? Or no matter how many times you swype it'll just not spell the word?

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Cstryon

Reaction score
I use swype beta. Everyone I flash liberty, a new theme, or even just batt icon, swype fcs. I end up having to uninstall it with titanium backup and then reinstall swype beta.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I use swype beta. Everyone I flash liberty, a new theme, or even just batt icon, swype fcs. I end up having to uninstall it with titanium backup and then reinstall swype beta.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Why would you need swype if you have a pull out qwerty keyboard? Haha but in any case idk if droid 2s came with swype your probably just going to have to keep installing it if it didn't come with the droid 2s stock, and if it did you might want to try reinstalling liberty again. Yes that means sbfing back to froyo and then installing the gb leak and then flashing liberty on there. Its a sure fire way you know that the ROM isn't buggy.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score

That usually happens when you are not properly licensed. You should try running the swype installer and use the generate new key option. You have to deselect and disable swype for it to work, but it walks you through it. Once you have a new license, it should be okay.

You might have to do it after every modification though. Everytime I apply a new theme, it FC's. Once i reinstall it it's fine.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. But when you flash a new rom (ie liberty), swype isn't included so i went to the web site and installed the beta installer. It actually gave me the newer and might I say nicer ver of swype. I use SwiftKey though now

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
So I went and downloaded the beta, when I went to generate the license it failed. I'm running Liberty 2.0. Any suggestions?

PTREE818

Reaction score
Fail

Yes Hello , this will happen every time u will get to keep swype but keep having to re down load installer, do not ask for liscence veification cause it wont give it to u. I just app 2 sd -and no wipe cashe on sd. worked so far let me know!
Ptree:heart::blackdroid::reddroid::greendroid:

ramox etoch

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I switched themes, and it started working again.