Swype Icon in the Notification bar

donzz

Reaction score
Ever since I got the ICS upgrade I've had this annoying Swype icon in my notification bar. Anyone know a permanent way to get rid of that? I like Swype but that icon....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It means Swype beta has an update when it shows up on mine

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
D

donzz

Reaction score
On mine it's there every day. Not constantly but it's there a lot. Just checked it right now and it's not there but this morning it was.

superj300

Reaction score
On mine it's there every day. Not constantly but it's there a lot. Just checked it right now and it's not there but this morning it was.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I get the Swype icon in the notification area, as well. It seems to be there whenever you have a cursor ready to type, whether it be in a text, web browser, etc., or if you locked the screen when the last "click" you did was in a text-typing box.

Anyone have a fix to get rid of this?

deduct

Reaction score
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I get the Swype icon in the notification area, as well. It seems to be there whenever you have a cursor ready to type, whether it be in a text, web browser, etc., or if you locked the screen when the last "click" you did was in a text-typing box.

Anyone have a fix to get rid of this?

Uninstall swype keyboard and install 4.2 keyboard. You can find it for free in play store now and its vastly superior to swype IMHO.