Voicemail Notification???

nooter99

Reaction score
I recieved a voicemail this morning and the icon showed up in my notification bar at the top. I listened to message and then deleted it and hung up. Typically when I do this the icon will disappear from notification bar and all is good. Not this time! Icon will not disappear. I've tried everything I know of, up to and including a battery pull, but icon is still there! How do I get rid of it. It's starting to annoy the hell out of me. TIA.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Have you tried listening to see if the voicemail actually deleted or not?

I know that's simple but I have to ask.

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Yep. I'm a stickler when it comes to keeping my voicemail cleaned out. I Went back to voicemail several times. There are no messages at all in there, empty. I even tried clearing data in Manage Applications, no luck. Phone is 100% stock BTW.

hts4215

Reaction score
You can try leaving yourself a voicemail, checking it, and then deleting it to see if it works to get rid of the icon.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try doing another battery pull. Leave the battery out for a few mins, pull the sim, power on, power off, replace the sim, power on. My bionic did the same thing last week. This is how I got it to go away.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

tedankel

Reaction score
Wish I had that problem. My Voicemail never shows a count, regardless of the running total. I've followed all the options directed for display and nothing ever shows.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
You need to go in your voicemail and go through the administrative settings. There is a setting for turning vmail msg notification on or off.

tedankel

Reaction score
Been there, done that, multiple times...no luck. Maybe ICS will cure that too.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Did you factory reset thru settings or the Android recovery menu? You will need to wipe cache and internal memory too.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Have you talked to Verizon customer service, about 3 yrs ago I had to get my entire voicemail box deleted and rebuilt from scratch.

Sent from my awesome, "rooted", artificially intelligent device using Tapatalk 2