Swype doesn't give me option for talk-to-text in 2.1

Reaction score
Talk-to-text was one of the things that I was looking forward to, but it looks like the swype keyboard doesn't have a button to activate that. If i switch back to the standard keyboard i have that button but it's irritating switching back and forth.

Does anyone know if swype is going to add a talk-to-text button?

justbob

Reaction score
Considering Swype isn't officially supported on the Droid, I would have to say "no."

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Swype is certainly supported on the Droid. The version of Swype we have is for their Droid beta.

To the OP: When in an input box hot menu (the four horizontal line "button" at the bottom) and then choose Speak. Just tried it and it works better than it did in 2.0.1.

Reaction score
To the OP: When in an input box hot menu (the four horizontal line "button" at the bottom) and then choose Speak. Just tried it and it works better than it did in 2.0.1.

Just tried your instructions via the gmail app and it doesn't work. No option to speak when using the hot menu. I also tried via google search and it doesn't work either.

wernst

Reaction score

Just tried your instructions via the gmail app and it doesn't work. No option to speak when using the hot menu. I also tried via google search and it doesn't work either.

The only app that has the Speak button available after pressing the Menu button, that I have seen, is Handcent SMS. That said, Handcent SMS is really the only app I would want voice input on. Oh, I like voice input for Google Maps and the general Google Search widget, but those have built-in voice input buttons too.

The lack of a microphone key in the Swype keyboard is really the only drawback to it that I know of, but at least the key apps that I need voice on already have alternative voice input methods...

-Warr