Switching to Sprint :(

SparkYZ

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm on a family plan, and the family is switching to sprint. It's actually used for my business. Sprint will save like 250$ a month with our plan

Anyways, I dont want to give up my Moto Droid.

How does the HTC Hero compare to it?
All I really care about is the apps and camera. Camera is 5MP also, and apps are obviously google market.

Any information?

Is the Hero the next best thing?

Also, all the apps I purchased on my gmail account, will those transfer over to a new android phone?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sprint - HTC EVO? 4G - that's the next big thing

The apps you purchased won't manually transfer, but you shouldn't have to pay for them again.

and, isn't the Hero essentially the Droid Eris? Not really similar to the Droid...

post edit: interesting... i posted the URL and it automatically filled in "Sprint - HTC EVO? 4G"...

Last edited:

Cole119

Reaction score
When exactly are you switching? If you wait long enough you might be able to get the HTC Evo 4g, which is going to blow the Droid away.

OP
S

SparkYZ

Reaction score
When exactly are you switching? If you wait long enough you might be able to get the HTC Evo 4g, which is going to blow the Droid away.

End of the month.

I actually am kinda glad I'll be getting a phone with physical buttons.
When is the 4g supposed to hit?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
"summer"

I think I read somewhere possibly in June, but don't hold me to that.

OP
S

SparkYZ

Reaction score
The hero doesnt look too bad. Anyone know what OS it's running?
Is there anything I WONT be able to do that i CAN do with Droid?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to get the 2.1 update, but they keep pushing it back (sound familiar?). I can't imagine the processor could handle everything the Droid could, since even my Droid lags a tad with certain live wallpapers. But I would imagine it could handle most functions - but I don't have a clue how they may (or may not!) limit it.

khelek

Reaction score
Sadly, i think as of now the Hero is still running 1.5. 2.1 is supposed to come in the mythical *soon* time.

However, a friend of mine has his Hero rooted running the leaked 2.1 Eris ROM. Says it runs like a dream.

Personally, I'm more about the OS than the phone itself. I'd be happy with a Hero with Android on it. That said, it sucks that you're not getting Sprint when the EVO 4G comes out.

OP
S

SparkYZ

Reaction score
Sadly, i think as of now the Hero is still running 1.5. 2.1 is supposed to come in the mythical *soon* time.

However, a friend of mine has his Hero rooted running the leaked 2.1 Eris ROM. Says it runs like a dream.

Personally, I'm more about the OS than the phone itself. I'd be happy with a Hero with Android on it. That said, it sucks that you're not getting Sprint when the EVO 4G comes out.

Maybe if funds permit, later in the year I can switch to the EVO. From looking at it, it looks like it's the best thing out there.

I'm gonna go look at a Sprint store and play with the phone, and look up what OS it's running.

Rollingbones

Reaction score
Like Verizon, Sprint is CDMA so they should be able to hook you up with their service, unless they have a policy disallowing non-Sprint phones on their network.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
post edit: interesting... i posted the URL and it automatically filled in "Sprint - HTC EVO? 4G"...
A lof of forum sites automatically use the title of the page you're linking as the link text. Follow the link and check out the title of the page in the title bar of your browser. The ? is the TM.