Switched to a different Droid X, keep getting Motorola Account error notification

just4747

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just received a replacement Droid X from Verizon.

Ever since I activated, I keep getting an error/warning message in my notification bar called "Motorola Service Account Error" saying:

"The account you are using is associated with another device. Please contact customer service to reset the device."

When I clear the notification, it always comes back a while later. I never had another phone with Blur on it, but this sounds like the whole Motorola account thing they would make you sign up for to use the phone. But that makes no sense because we don't have to do that for the X.

Can anyone figure this one out, specifically why it's there and how to make it stop?? I think when I check for any OTA system updates is when I am getting the message to come up the most. The update check fails every time with "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later." Then, the Motorola warning shows up in the notifications again.

EDIT: Also, every time I try to do *228 to try to update roaming, it plays the music for a bit but always says "I am sorry, your activation cannot be completed at this time" and tells me a phone number to call. Why is this happening? Is it related to my original issue?

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well it says contact customer service, did you do that?

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Not yet, but which customer service do you think it means? Motorola or the carrier, Verizon?

I really don't want to "reset my device" either but if it comes down to that...

No one has experience with this?