Motorola Service Account Error

lollirotten

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X for a little over a year and it has caused me little to no problems beyond those that I can solve through reading forums. However for the past four or five months, a star appears in my status bar with the polite, yet somewhat unnerving notification, "motorola service account error."

When I select the charming/alarming star, the message suggests "your account has been deleted. please go to Settings then SD & storage and select Factory data reset." I will fully admit that my phone is still a mystery to me. A few things seem strange about the the message !) capitalization is used in a non-standard or consistent manner and 2) the actions suggested do not coincide with my phone's menus. Factory settings is not an option under SD & Storage menu.

I am at a loss to understand why it would behoove anyone for me to undergo a factory reset if it is an air push notification but I also like to think that Motorola is aware of what options exists in their own menus.

My phone seems to function fairly well other than constantly informing that my facebook password is wrong (but in all reality, I could care less about my cousin's little bundle spitting up for the first time, former college classmates that I haven't spoken to in over five years are making more money, getting married/divorced, or having babies/buying homes. I suppose I am misanthropic but that is decidedly not a phone issue).

Thank you in advance for your time and please forgive my fully acknowledged ignorance.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, couldn't agree more on Facebook!

Third, love your picture.

And Fourth... have you ever had a Motoblur account?

OP
lollirotten

lollirotten

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X for a little over a year and it has caused me little to no problems beyond those that I can solve through reading forums. However for the past four or five months, a star appears in my status bar with the polite, yet somewhat unnerving notification, "motorola service account error."

When I select the charming/alarming star, the message suggests "your account has been deleted. please go to Settings then SD & storage and select Factory data reset." I will fully admit that my phone is still a mystery to me. A few things seem strange about the the message 1) capitalization is used in a non-standard or consistent manner and 2) the actions suggested do not coincide with my phone's menus. Factory settings is not an option under SD & Storage menu.

I am at a loss to understand why it would behoove anyone for me to undergo a factory reset if it is an air push notification but I also like to think that Motorola is aware of the options existant on their phone's menus.

My phone seems to function fairly well other than constantly informing that my facebook password is wrong despite the fact that the password has been the same for over eight years.(but in all reality, I could care less about my cousin's little bundle spitting up for the first time, former college classmates that I haven't spoken to in over five years making more/less/different money, getting married/divorced, or having babies/buying homes. I suppose I am misanthropic but that is decidedly not a phone issue).

Thank you in advance for your time and please forgive my fully acknowledged ignorance.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Second question - is this the only DX you've had on Verizon? Did you replace it at any point?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
lollirotten said:

When I select the charming/alarming star, the message suggests "your account has been deleted. please go to Settings then SD & storage and select Factory data reset." I will fully admit that my phone is still a mystery to me. A few things seem strange about the the message !) capitalization is used in a non-standard or consistent manner and 2) the actions suggested do not coincide with my phone's menus. Factory settings is not an option under SD & Storage menu.

I am at a loss to understand why it would behoove anyone for me to undergo a factory reset if it is an air push notification but I also like to think that Motorola is aware of what options exists in their own menus.

I don't think this notification has anything to do with Motorola and doubt Motorola would be suggesting you to reformat your phone because your account had been deleted. A legitimate notice from Motorola would also be received via email and would not have spelling and punctuation errors. This is most likely spam that is being pushed via an app you downloaded to your phone.

First, do not open the notification but clear it instead. Second, figure out what apps you downloaded when this started to occur and delete them, one at a time, to see if the notifications stop. For each app that does not seem to be the culprit, you could reinstall it. If you do discover after uninstalling an app, that the notifications stop, do not install that app again. Third, let us know what you discover.

I agree, I could care less when the last time someone walked their dog from Facebook friends. It is bizarre what Facebook people think the rest of the world cares to know...no, we don't care when you last went to the bathroom or that you just bought a lottery ticket. We do care if you won $20,000 or more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums