SwiftKey X Free on Amazon Today

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I had downloaded it and took it off later that day and went back to Gingerbread Keyboard. I didn't like how it didn't automatically capitalize the "I", and it doesn't put in apostrophe's for words like I'm, I'd, It's, etc....

Also it got annoying that it spaced automatically after commas and periods, its a good thing for those who like it, for those who don't there's no way to turn it off.

I did love the Neon theme though and the vibration on keypress was great.

Oh one more thing that was kind of a pain was Talk to Text, its a pain getting into it, and then you have to choose from 3 possible answers

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

It will do all of what you're saying, I'm doing it now. Leave it on precise mode because speed mode sucks. Also don't do what I did and accidently download Spanish instead of English as primary!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

MTBryan

Reaction score
This app is terrible. Wont let me work in documents to go, corrects stuff stupidly. Really bad

I'm not sure if people realize this app is supposed to 'learn' over time. Initially, it may not present the best options, but as you use it, it works great.

I'm not sure about Documents to Go. I haven't used it on my T-Bolt. I'm not sure why it wouldn't use the default keyboard though.

Also, the big key to using this app is to never use the space bar. Meaning, when you type a sentence, instead of clicking the space bar when done with a word, just click the work at the top. The app will then automatically put a space in after the word.

Why do this? Because then it forces you to always watch the words at the top as you type, then click the correct word once it appears. If it doesn't appear, just click the word after you've typed it all, and you haven't lost any key strokes (since it puts the space in for you). Before I figured out this little trick, I was always fighting with the space bar.

As far as capitalizing the 'I', I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to do that. Especially if you are clicking the 'I' at the top instead of the space bar. It doesn't capitalize the 'I' when you are typing a sentence. At least mine doesn't.

As far as voice recognition, yes the new version makes you click that little squiggly at the bottom to bring up a pop-up menu that allows you to click 'voice input'. Prior to this version, you just clicked a little microphone icon to get into voice recognition. Personally, this isn't a deal breaker for me, but it is a little cumbersome to click that icon, then click on the pop-up. Especially if you are using the voice recognition at a time you can't really be looking down at your keypad.