Motorola Olympus/ Etna Rumors, Information & Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

briankeith513

Reaction score
The lack of information lately on this device is concerning. For a while it seemed pictures and leaks were happening on a regular basis...now nothing. I really want the phone to go on sale this month at AT&T - but there just hasn't been much news to support an immediate release like it appears to be the case with the Thunderbolt.

I agree, but I don't want it released at all for AT&T, just the Etna version for Verizon, this month. lol

Sorry - it has all but been confirmed that AT&T is going to get a GSM version in January and Verizon will get their LTE version a month or two later. With the exception of the radio - the hardware should be the same. While both will probably both have motoblur (which I am not that fond of) I suspect that the Verizon version will be a droid branded device.

Personally - I care more about processing speed than being a 4G device - so I plan on looking at the AT&T version assuming it comes out in January. If they end up coming out at about the same time - then I would probably just stick with Verizon.

Haha, I was just joking with you. However, since it does have the option of being LTE plus the dual core processor, I'm waiting for the VZW version. LTE is just soo much better than everything else out there. ATT should be setting up their LTE in the near future, I hear.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Great news...this should have great battery life:

1930mAh battery

Combine a huge battery with the more efficient dual core design and you have a great smart phone that can surf for hours.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Bad news for those of you waiting to get this phone on Verizon:

The Motorola ATRIX™ 4G Android 2.2 smartphone will be offered exclusively by AT&T and is the world’s most powerful smartphone. Featuring a 1 GHz dual-core processor, ATRIX 4G delivers a remarkable combination of application processing power, 4G network speed and a high-resolution qHD display. It will be complemented by breakthrough accessories that include a revolutionary, super-thin laptop dock – for which ATRIX 4G is the “engine” — and an HD media dock that uses ATRIX 4G’s HDMI video output capabilities and processing power to enable a revolutionary browsing, application and media experience. For more information, visit www.att.com/atrix4G (website available after 10 a.m. PT on Jan. 5). This device is slated for launch in the first quarter of 2011, only for AT&T customers.

AT&T details 4G plans; 4G LTE iPhone coming in 2012? | BGR | Boy Genius Report#

2005CTS

Reaction score
Motorola has a press conference tonight at 4 PM Pacific during which they will share more specifics. Contrary to HTC's claims...the Atrix is looking more like the phone of the future than the Thunderbolt.

CES: AT&T announces Motorola Atrix 4G with dual-core processor - CES 2011 CNET Blogs

The phone will have the already mentioned huge battery, 1gb of RAM and 16gb of on board memory with an expansion slot that will support a 32gb card.

I am sold!!! I just hope that we find out tonight when it will be available and that it is sooner than later. They have confirmed in the 1st quarter...but I hope it is in Jan/Feb and not March.

ChuckG73

Reaction score

The Motorola ATRIX™ 4G Android 2.2 smartphone will be offered exclusively by AT&T and is the world’s most powerful smartphone. Featuring a 1 GHz dual-core processor, ATRIX 4G delivers a remarkable combination of application processing power, 4G network speed and a high-resolution qHD display. It will be complemented by breakthrough accessories that include a revolutionary, super-thin laptop dock – for which ATRIX 4G is the “engine” — and an HD media dock that uses ATRIX 4G’s HDMI video output capabilities and processing power to enable a revolutionary browsing, application and media experience. For more information, visit www.att.com/atrix4G (website available after 10 a.m. PT on Jan. 5). This device is slated for launch in the first quarter of 2011, only for AT&T customers.

Why is this bad news for Verizon customers....I can wait!!!

briankeith513

Reaction score
Guys,

Many of us techno-geeks always want the latest and greatest technology available. Motorola gets us!....I have seen a device in a very long time that has significantly upped the technology in so many different categories as Moto has with its AT&T and Verizon offerings. Processor, RAM, Screen, and battery?!!! Motorola, I applaud you!

2005CTS

Reaction score

Why is this bad news for Verizon customers....I can wait!!!

Read the press release above - it is going to be exclusively on AT&T.

bug_monster

Reaction score

Yeah, ease up there. All they're saying is that the Atrix will be exclusive to AT&T. A similar phone will still show up on Verizon (and possibly other providers, here and global). It just won't be called the Atrix, and will be slightly different spec-wise (LTE for VZW, for example).

lickwidravr

Reaction score

Yeah, ease up there. All they're saying is that the Atrix will be exclusive to AT&T. A similar phone will still show up on Verizon (and possibly other providers, here and global). It just won't be called the Atrix, and will be slightly different spec-wise (LTE for VZW, for example).

^^^^Exactly!:) Whether the "Atrix" be an AT&T exclusive they will release an identical phone, slight aesthetic differences slightly different tech (LTE) and a different name (goes by many)...ex: Motorola T2, Etna, Terminator:blackdroid:....etc.

2005CTS

Reaction score

It could mean (if you look at the last sentence of the press release above in bold) that the phone will be exclusive to AT&T during the first quarter of 2011. Who knows.

All I can say is this is by far the most impressive smart phone brought to market in a long time. I really like the various docks they have for it, the power, the RAM and the form factor. I can't wait to buy one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.