surf web and talk on the phone

s_cuttic

Reaction score
When did verizon give us the ability to surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time without using wifi? I haven't tried it since I had my droid x but I was talking to my wife on the phone earlier and I opened the browser and was able to surf the web.

OP
S

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Ok. I was kinda stumped when I was able to do it. Thought maybe it was something in the .215 leak or just a fluke. Thanks!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
As long as you have lte on you can talk and surf at the same time, verizon still sends calls over its 3g cdma network.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Some of the phones have the right chip to allow svdo as well(simultaneous voice and data over 3g, unlike evdo), like the Thunderbolt which actually got a firmware update to allow it quietly. However the chip in the Motorola phones doesn't allow it, so the only way is over 4g lte (seems stupid to keep saying it as lte is the only real 4g on the Market, hspa+ is only 3.5g)

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

djspy

Reaction score
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when I found that out. When I switched to the Maxx HD I was mores surprised that I could do it on 3G as well.