surfing the net while talking on the phone

katal8813

Reaction score
is it possible to be talking on the droid using the speaker or headset and surf the web? I tried to search the internet the other day while talking via speaker phone & I kept getting a message that read cannot find site.there is no signal. Is the droid not capable of simultaneouly handeling these two function? Thanks. Kim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is not the phone that is the issue but rather the cell tower network Verizon uses. You can not talk on the phone and surf the web on that network at the same time. However, with wifi you can surf the web and talk on the phone because you are only using the phone on the cell tower network in that case.

zegolf

Reaction score
is it possible to be talking on the droid using the speaker or headset and surf the web? I tried to search the internet the other day while talking via speaker phone & I kept getting a message that read cannot find site.there is no signal. Is the droid not capable of simultaneouly handeling these two function? Thanks. Kim

I think this also goes to show the effectiveness of those stupid AT&T commercials with Fat Luke Wilson. Either that, or this particular user doesn't watch TV or live in the US. Either way, Fat Luke Wilson is not an effective spokesperson.

On a related note, you can still browse the internet if you enable wifi while you're on the phone.

OP
K

katal8813

Reaction score
zegolf. this forum is for droid users to learn about the Droid not for other user to make assumptions or sarcastic comments of where another member lives or whether they have seen a commercial on TV. A simple answer of what I needed to do in order for this function to work would have sufficed. Thank you

zegolf

Reaction score
zegolf. this forum is for droid users to learn about the Droid not for other user to make assumptions or sarcastic comments of where another member lives or whether they have seen a commercial on TV. A simple answer of what I needed to do in order for this function to work would have sufficed. Thank you

I'm sorry to see that you placed inflection and tone into my written words, but they were far from laced with sarcasm. I was merely making it a point to state that, being that a person can hardly do anything without experiencing the battle that is "AT&T vs. Verizon" and AT&T's "Browse while on the phone" argument, I find it interesting that it's had little affect on a member of the populous. The fact that you're unaffected by those advertising campaigns further proves my point.

The statement about where you live was also made so that it didn't seem as though I was being a US-centric American in thinking that every member of this board was from the States.

If anyone should be offended, it should be Luke Wilson, because I called him fat. Besides, you got an answer from my response. I'm sorry that you took that response as anything more than written words, and read sarcasm into them. Maybe next time you won't do so.

Wendy

Reaction score
I hate to be a trouble maker, however IMO calling anyone "fat" is rather offensive for anyone with weight problems.....especially considering Luke Wilson isn't really that heavy....just heavier than he used to be.

I'm not trying to "scold" you, because if you've never had a weight problem you might not even think about it. I used to weigh over 300lbs.....so I know a little bit about it :)