Super Mario Run Also Coming To Android Soon!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
rdicl2ioa7ia7edycnhw.png

The iPhone 7 was released today. The most exciting part of the announcement has to be the Super Mario Run announcement! If you were worried about the game not coming to Android there is no need to fret. The game looks to be a horizontal running game very reminiscent of the Super Mario games from your childhood. The game will be exclusive to iOS when it releases, but Nintendo has already confirmed that they have plans to eventually bring the game to Android. We have no release date mind you, but it is still exciting this is coming to our devices.

via Kotaku

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I wish it wasn't a Temple Run game. I don't really seem to keep interested in those kind of games for too long.

But I'll definitely be downloading it when it becomes available for android, depending on the price tag and reviews.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they said pricing was still being worked out. So...

As soon as the first rooted Android device get's it for $11.99 USD, then we will all have it for $Free.99.

Gotta give the closed Apple ecosystem a chance to make some money off this capitalistic venture first, ey?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That wallows in lameness. Sorry. A running type game? Not. Even Remotely Impressed.
A true Mario game? I'd get an iPhone for that.
(joke)

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's one game from the past I could consider, like Jonny said, if priced right. Then again I'd only play it once or twice...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's not from the past. It's a new runner style game. I stick to my previous lame comment.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
With the exception of the fact that you controlled whether he ran or stood still, OG Mario WAS a runner game.

I'll give it a shot, but only for a buck or 2. Like Efin, I'll probably delete it thereafter, but I'm hopeful that good sales will prompt them to put out more & better Nintendo games for Android, so I'll do my part.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
With the exception of the fact that you controlled whether he ran or stood still, OG Mario WAS a runner game.

I'll give it a shot, but only for a buck or 2. Like Efin, I'll probably delete it thereafter, but I'm hopeful that good sales will prompt them to put out more & better Nintendo games for Android, so I'll do my part.

+1, the most I've paid for an app was a construction calculator, $15 or 20, I believe, but the actual calculator is over $50, and having the same thing on the phone that's in your pocket already, paid for itself when I didn't have to walk across the project wasting 10 minutes to get the one on my desk...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

But you could stop. And go backwards to get that coin you missed. I don't like those runner type games at all.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
But you could stop. And go backwards to get that coin you missed. I don't like those runner type games at all.

I don't either, but it's Mario.

No success for them with this game will mean no better games down the line. I'm telling you.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm not a game fan in general so my commentary here is really not going to provide any value, however if I had a choice between a more interactive game and the "arcade" style running Mario style game I'd have to go with more interactivity.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just got a BT gamepad controller. I'd love a game like actual Mario, for sure.

I'm hoping they'll hear the cries & this one will do well enough that they realize there's a serious market for it.

I did read a good article on why they're bringing Mario to mobile though. It's a strategy to drive more people to their consoles & handhelds.

Get a taste of these characters, but give us more money & buy a console to get the full experience.

I hope they see the folly in that & realize there's a viable market for more interactive & rich games on mobile that won't take away from their consoles sales.

For me personally, I do some light mobile gaming & am a casual gamer on my Xbox one. I'm not going to buy a Nintendo console any time soon that I can see, but I'd pay good money to play things like REAL Mario & Legend of Zelda games.

I'm not taking $10+ per game, but I'd easily pay more than the few bucks I've been known to shell out on mobile games with new characters & experiences that I don't already enjoy as much as I enjoyed those nintendo properties when I was younger.