Pre-Register For Super Mario Run On Android Now!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
super-mario-run.jpg

The second most popular Nintendo game of 2016 will be coming to Android soon! Super Mario Run was released to iOS first and became an instant hit. In just the first three days the game was downloaded more than 37 million times and generated $14 million. The game's popularity however saw a huge drop off after the initial mania. This could be due to the $9.99 price tag. You can of course download the game for free, but you are limited to the first 3 levels. To unlock the remainder of the game you must buy it.

It seems that those interested for the most part may have played through the first few levels and decided to be finished with the game after that. One of the main stigmas of Android is that it's users are not willing to pay for content the way that iOS users who have been conditioned to do so from the beginning are. Who knows if Nintendo will make the game totally free to play on Android. They would stand to make much more money from ads or in game purchases on a game played by 100 million people than a single purchase on a few 10s of millions of people. Pokemon Go was generating $1.6million per day from iphone users alone. Clash Of Clans is still able to generate around $5 million per day. Even Disney's Tsum Tsum was able to generate more than $300million over time. However Nintendo decides to monetize the game on Android it will be available soon for download. You can pre-register for the game right now. Head to the link below to do so.

via Play Store

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait wait wait...Clash of Clans makes 5 million dollars PER DAY????

I need to make my own game. I'll call it Clan Clash. Anyone willing to code it for me, distribute it on the Play Store, and support it? I'll split the profits 50/50.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Signed up! I will definitely be trying out the free levels. Unlike "many" android users, I don't have a problem tossing some money to a developer to support the cause, but I want to make sure the app/game is worth it.

$10 is a bit steep from what I've seen of the game, but that's only in videos so far, so we'll see if it tickles my fancy enough for me to pay. If nothing else, I'd like to think that my purchase could help to convince Nintendo to do more on mobile than they're already slated to do.

I'd love to see a more classic Mario game and some Legend of Zelda for sure, but I'm not totally sold on this watered-down concept. I'm hopeful that playing it will be fun and bring enough nostalgia that I keep it on my phone and spend the money for the full experience.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Wait wait wait...Clash of Clans makes 5 million dollars PER DAY????

I need to make my own game. I'll call it Clan Clash. Anyone willing to code it for me, distribute it on the Play Store, and support it? I'll split the profits 50/50.
Yeah well I'll make my own game too. With Blackjack, and hookers.

You know what? Forget the Blackjack.