suggestions?

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Yeh I got tired of being told I couldnt flash someone elses roms with no excuse as to why. The rom doesnt replace radios or apn settings so I couldnt see why it wouldnt work. So I took the plunge and went for it. Definite success

Sent from my note 2 using Droid Forums

calec70

Reaction score
Very good news! I had rooted earlier and had safe strap installed but never actually put a rom on. Did you run into any issues going back to stock rom for any reason? One other thing, my carrier is still 3g, 4g not coming until fall. If I'm remembering the right thread when aw went 4g you were able to use your xt908 after an update or patch? I haven't had that yet obviously. Want to be able to get back to stock for that purpose. I know there is always risk of messing things up, just looking for your experiences. Did you get photosphere with any roms you tried?

Sent from my note 2 using Droid Forums[/QUOTE]

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Very good news! I had rooted earlier and had safe strap installed but never actually put a rom on. Did you run into any issues going back to stock rom for any reason? One other thing, my carrier is still 3g, 4g not coming until fall. If I'm remembering the right thread when aw went 4g you were able to use your xt908 after an update or patch? I haven't had that yet obviously. Want to be able to get back to stock for that purpose. I know there is always risk of messing things up, just looking for your experiences. Did you get photosphere with any roms you tried?

[/QUOTE]

I hadnt tried until after aw went 4g. I do believe that with cm10.1 there is a setting under networks to change to cdma only instead of lte/cdma. I never had any issues going back to stock. I accidentally deleted the system off of my stock rom in safestrap amd flash it back from the recovery setting in safestrap with no issues. And I never used photosphere at all. Are you on ics right now?

calec70

Reaction score

I hadnt tried until after aw went 4g. I do believe that with cm10.1 there is a setting under networks to change to cdma only instead of lte/cdma. I never had any issues going back to stock. I accidentally deleted the system off of my stock rom in safestrap amd flash it back from the recovery setting in safestrap with no issues. And I never used photosphere at all. Are you on ics right now?

Yes, I'm on ICS right now, it is what came with phone. I really am feeling like we are not going to get the official JB update and haven't heard for sure my xt908 will even become 4G compatible on Element. Since yours was upgraded I'm thinking mine stands a chance. I wonder if all the patches on that other forum were simply to make the settings look right? I could care less if it says my phone is a 912 or whatever. I have a Nexus 10 and like playing around with Photosphere but would really like it on my phone. And other JB advances. If it's not there on ROM I don't care, would just be nice. I feel a lot better about giving this a try now. Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe I'll give this a shot tonight.

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score

Yes, I'm on ICS right now, it is what came with phone. I really am feeling like we are not going to get the official JB update and haven't heard for sure my xt908 will even become 4G compatible on Element. Since yours was upgraded I'm thinking mine stands a chance. I wonder if all the patches on that other forum were simply to make the settings look right? I could care less if it says my phone is a 912 or whatever. I have a Nexus 10 and like playing around with Photosphere but would really like it on my phone. And other JB advances. If it's not there on ROM I don't care, would just be nice. I feel a lot better about giving this a try now. Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe I'll give this a shot tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Mine was ics as well. There is an apk in this forum to put google now on your stock rom. Its pretty nice. I have it. With the roms you will be able to do or have whatever is available for jb. Iay go ahead and try out photosphere. Everything functioned amazingly...even the pie function. I recommend trying the cm10.2 rom. I think youll love it

calec70

Reaction score

Mine was ics as well. There is an apk in this forum to put google now on your stock rom. Its pretty nice. I have it. With the roms you will be able to do or have whatever is available for jb. Iay go ahead and try out photosphere. Everything functioned amazingly...even the pie function. I recommend trying the cm10.2 rom. I think youll love it

Well, didn't get too far last night. I couldn't get the root method from cm to work. First on windows 8 the tried windows 7. Last time I used something called Matts utility but now it appeared to be for jb and I ran out of time trying to find older version for ics. I must have been missing one step or something with the first method. Will try again later. I'll search for that Google Now apk. I tried the camera apk from Google Edition phones. It installed fine and worked but no photo sphere setting on this phone. Other phones ranged from full functionality to not at all.. Didn't see any RAZR sphere success. Was worth a shot. Lol

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score

Well, didn't get too far last night. I couldn't get the root method from cm to work. First on windows 8 the tried windows 7. Last time I used something called Matts utility but now it appeared to be for jb and I ran out of time trying to find older version for ics. I must have been missing one step or something with the first method. Will try again later. I'll search for that Google Now apk. I tried the camera apk from Google Edition phones. It installed fine and worked but no photo sphere setting on this phone. Other phones ranged from full functionality to not at all.. Didn't see any RAZR sphere success. Was worth a shot. Lol[/QUOTE]

Did you try the root method I put in this thread a while back? I used it a ton of times and it always worked like a charm. The google now apk is in a different thread in thos same forum. I believe it is named google now apk ics but not sure.

GotnFX

Reaction score

calec70

Reaction score
http://forums.theandroidchannel.com/topic/471-download-how-to-google-gallery-and-camera-with-photo-sphere/

Here is a link to a successful razr maxx photosphere

Had extra time today and have finally done it. Now running CM 10.1 stable. Everything does seem to be working, just says I'm on Verizon but obviously not. All Element settings are still there. Now that I have CM I'll see if I can get photosphere running. Thanks for the tip on settings for network. I do have to set cdma/evdo which seems to stick after a restart but I have to change a setting to NV every time I restart or its looking for a sim. Thanks for your help and still appreciate any tips!

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
I can't seem to get this to load. I get App not installed. I read on xda forum to delete the stock camera apk but I've yet to make a back up. Did you have to do this for it to load? On CM 10.1 ROM..not sure if that maybe the issue..

I havent tried it yet. I was just doing a little research and found it was possible. Maybe ill try it later on my maxx. As of right now I still havent managed to unlock my note 2

nhepler90

Reaction score
I tried to install it and got the "app not installed" result as well. Tried disabling the stock gallery and same thing. I am on android 4.2.2 spyder nightly 6-15-2013 build.

nhepler90

Reaction score
I can't seem to get this to load. I get App not installed. I read on xda forum to delete the stock camera apk but I've yet to make a back up. Did you have to do this for it to load? On CM 10.1 ROM..not sure if that maybe the issue..

I did a test and found out how to get it to install.

If you are rooted, you can go into /system/apps and just rename the stock gallery.apk, (I used root explorer and renamed mine to gallery.apr) then install the galaxy gallery apk and it will complete the install.

Last edited:

calec70

Reaction score
I did a test and found out how to get it to install.

If you are rooted, you can go into system apps and just rename the stock gallery.apk, (I renamed mine to gallery.apr) then install the galaxy gallery apk and it will complete the install.

I also just got it installed but I found a link to a zip file for the camera. Then it installed just fine from recovery and I now have 2 cameras and galleries as mentioned in many threads. However, when I try and take a photo sphere the "aligning" dot does not want to move or is very slow and unresponsive. The gallery does work fine and I'll check to see if it can view a sphere. I read somewhere that the RAZR is missing a gyroscope or something and that is why photo sphere does not show up as option when installing on stock rom. Seems to make sense as mine now runs but is not really working.

nhepler90

Reaction score
I also just got it installed but I found a link to a zip file for the camera. Then it installed just fine from recovery and I now have 2 cameras and galleries as mentioned in many threads. However, when I try and take a photo sphere the "aligning" dot does not want to move or is very slow and unresponsive. The gallery does work fine and I'll check to see if it can view a sphere. I read somewhere that the RAZR is missing a gyroscope or something and that is why photo sphere does not show up as option when installing on stock rom. Seems to make sense as mine now runs but is not really working.

Yeah I got it working, but I cannot find the photosphere option. It is pretty much the same as the camera that came with the ROM. Panoramic shot works but no sphere.