suggestions?

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
I'm not clear what your question is, but tibu requires a functioning operating system to run. It will restore some system settings but not the OS, kennel, or radio.
Tibu is an app. It has to have something to run on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Right, i understand that. But lets say a phone is in boot loop. In boot loop it hasnt lost its os, there is just something preventing it from launching. If i create a backup of settings in tibu, and want to restore the phone to the backed up portion, before the boot loop, will it do it?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Right, i understand that. But lets say a phone is in boot loop. In boot loop it hasnt lost its os, there is just something preventing it from launching. If i create a backup of settings in tibu, and want to restore the phone to the backed up portion, before the boot loop, will it do it?

I'd say if you want to create a carbon copy of the way your phone is right now that includes all settings apps home screens everything the way you left it then using a custom recovery to make a backup is the way to go.

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Ive had bad lick with bootstrap. It bricked my milestone x2. The important thing to me is just to back up the system. As long as the system can be loaded back up, then ill worry about the settings and apps later.

So a nandroid backup would be the way to go? Can anyone explain the process?

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Ive had bad lick with bootstrap. It bricked my milestone x2. The important thing to me is just to back up the system. As long as the system can be loaded back up, then ill worry about the settings and apps later.

So a nandroid backup would be the way to go? Can anyone explain the process?

You will first want to install the custom recovery of your liking. Make sure if you are going to install a new one that all of the bootstraps files are deleted from your internal and external SD card. Not sure if all of them are the same but should be under the menu backup/restore then select back up and let it do its thing. It will take a while to make one so be patient.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Really hard to hardbrick a locked bootloader phone. Just install bootstrap, go into advanced, create nandroid, if you hose it flash the os in rsd lite, install bootstrap, go into advanced, restore from nandroid. Of course the flashing the os in rsd lite will let you restore that tibu also. Rom toolbox does incredible batch backups as well. Theres a great port of bootstrap touch for razr and maxx (og, not hd)

Last edited:
OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Really hard to hardbrick a locked bootloader phone. Just install bootstrap, go into advanced, create nandroid, if you hose it flash the os in rsd lite, install bootstrap, go into advanced, restore from nandroid. Of course the flashing the os in rsd lite will let you restore that tibu also. Rom toolbox does incredible batch backups as well.

So if i use droid bootstrap 2 i shoildnt have any trouble? And my razr is rooted...

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Ok. Im def a noob lol. I like the way tibu is setup. What exactly does the update.zip file i made do?

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
safestrap is.....uh....safer...but I personally find it multilayered beyond my my taste. I use CWM touch and flash non-stock roms clean on both of my bionics and maxx too, no issues ever. Of course if it's a stock rom or a signed leak I use stock recovery.

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Finally found the right safe strap and i am very pleased. I now have a full back up installed to my sd card. I thank each and everyone of you for helping me out.

Last question (hopefully). Safestrap boots up every time i reboot my phone. If the phone goes into bootloop, since safestrap is a recovery, will it follow the norm and boot straight to safestrap so i can flash my backup?