What's the Difference inRazr Max Models

Rangerhgm

Reaction score
I see cases advertised for Droid Razr Maxx that say they are for the XT913/XT916, others say XT912 and yet other just say they are for the Razr Maxx. Is there more than just one model of Razr Maxx?

Examples from eBay:

Starry Night Hard Case For MOTOROLA Droid RAZR MAXX XT916
SKU: MOTXT916MAXX-TL-STN

NEW WHITE CANDY SKIN CASE FOR VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID RAZR MAXX
COMPATIBILITY: MOTOROLA DROID RAZR MAXX XT913 XT916

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Reaction score
Rangerhgm said:
I see cases advertised for Droid Razr Maxx that say they are for the XT913/XT916, others say XT912 and yet other just say they are for the Razr Maxx. Is there more than just one model of Razr Maxx?

From my knowledge XT912 is the only model number for the RAZR Maxx

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
This was posted by our very own SallyC on another forum. Information as always is correct on her part. Not sure where they are getting those model numbers but it seems the xt913 has been labeled same as the Maxx.

"SallyC
replied on Apr 18, 2012
I wish I knew more. The XT910 is the GSM international version that's on sale in China. But I agree that with all the numbers that are thrown around when you're trying to select accessories, it can be confusing."

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

SallyC

Reaction score
I wish Motorola published this info somewhere because it is confusing. The Droid Razr and Razr Maxx share the same model numbers in this country (XT912 see here) but I have also seen the Maxx referred to as XT916 for reasons I don't understand.