Charger for Razr Maxx?

mcraeh

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this charger will work for my phone? I know it says it is compatible, but I've read enough to be a little paranoid about ruining my battery with a crummy charger.

Motorola SPN5689A OEM Dual Port Universal Wall Charger with Micro USB Data Cable for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX XT916/XT913, Admiral/PAX XT603, Atrix 2, DROID RAZR XT912 /HD, Photon 4G, Triumph WX435, Theory WX430, Titanium i1x, i412, XPRT

Product Features
Motorola Dual Port SPN5689 Charger is the latest innovated Charger created by Motorola.
This charger is the first of its kind (OEM-Manufacturer Produced), which can support two items simultaneously charging from it`s two USB Ports.
Surge and over-charging IC chips are build into the unit, keeping you protected from damaging your battery.
This Charger is unique in the fact that it can supply power to two devices, yet still retain a energy efficiency and protection.
Included with the SPN5689 Dual USB charger is a Motorola Micro USB cable.

These are 6 dollars on Amazon.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yep.... that's the OEM charger that came with my Maxx. Part number matches. Granted, my tired old eyes needed a magnifying glass to read the print :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Agreed, you're good to go!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree, that one should be fine. Moto shipped two different model number chargers with Maxx's. My wife and I both have Maxx's that were bought on the same day and they each came with what looks like the exact same charger, but one is the SPN5689A and the other is SPN5737A. I don't know what if any difference there is.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just answered my own question...sort of... with help. I just got off Live Chat with Moto and they are both the exact same thing, it's just that one is labeled as a USB charger so they can sell it for other Moto devices as well. Both are fine to use with the Razr.

OP
M

mcraeh

Reaction score
That explains it... I was wondering because the one that came with my phone only has one USB port, which is why I wasn't sure if it was the right one or not. Thanks for the help!