Stupid wifi notification

drtnsnw

Reaction score
When my phone goes to sleep the stupid wifi shuts off and it goes to 3g. When it wakes up to use it that notification screen pops up with all of the wifi available and asks me to choose which one to use.

Am I doing something wrong??

From my Rockin Rezound

Reaction score
When you're using an app that needs to connect to the Internet, HTC
Rezound with Beats Audio automatically scans for available Wi-Fi
networks even if the Wi-Fi check box in Wireless & networks settings is not
selected.
Connecting to the Internet using Wi-Fi saves you data transfer
fees.
§ When prompted, tap a Wi-Fi network to connect to, and then tap
Connect. If you selected a secured network, you'll be asked to enter
the network key or password.
§ If you don't want to connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Turn off Wi-Fi
but remind me later. To disable the Wi-Fi Enhanced Connectivity
feature, tap Do not automatically turn on Wi-Fi.

Change setting in your wifi settings to not automatically turn on Wi-Fi and it will stop bugging you about it. It will however still turn back on the wifi if you had it on.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have no idea where this option is located in the Rezound, but on my Bionic I use an app called Spare Parts and one of the options is to set the wifi sleep policy to "never".

Good luck.

Taegost

Reaction score
Go to the Home Screen, tap the Menu button. Go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Wifi Settings -> Uncheck the "Notify Me" box. It'll still scan for wifi networks, but it won't pop up with that obnoxious notification.

LT*

Reaction score
Go to the Home Screen, tap the Menu button. Go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Wifi Settings -> Uncheck the "Notify Me" box. It'll still scan for wifi networks, but it won't pop up with that obnoxious notification.

While you're in wifi settings, you can hit the menu key and you'll get advanced options. Here you can set the wifi sleep policy to "never".

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score

Perfect!!
That's what I needed!

Thanks

From my Rockin Rezound