Droid X2 wifi sleep policy doesn't work

Bentile1

Reaction score
yeah but...

But I am using my droidx on Page plus, and so I don't have a verizon account. Any ideas from any other app stores???

There is an app in the Verizon app store that automatically turns your wifi on when you are in range of your chosen hotspots. When you leave it turns back on your 3g. Check it out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
After you guys are factory resetting your phones you're probably forgetting to set the battery mode back to performance. It defaults to night-time saver which will start shutting off the wifi after periods of inactivity when the sun goes down.

I only know this because I did a factory reset and thought I was also having wifi sleep problems, turns out I just forgot about this setting. It's easy to overlook and go "I don't have any battery saving apps!" when there is one built in... :blink:

Settings>Battery & Data Manager>Battery Mode

Last edited:

grgguy

Reaction score
My X2 does the same thing only it goes a little further . Not only does It put the wifi asleep it also puts the phone to sleep(for lack of a better term) . I had noticed when the wifi is on and the phone had been Idle for a few minutes that the wifi and cellular signal indicators would turn grey instead of their normal blue , At the same time I would get a voice mail notification . But my phone never rang , I've called Verizon several times about it and they are offering me a discounted Razr( thats a whole other issue , Why should I have to pay anything to replace an obviously defective phone that they CANNOT fix and I wont take another X2 knowing now that its not just my phone) .....Long story short , Now whenever I'm done with whatever I'm using the wifi for I Immediately return it to 3g.

All my setting are correct, I keep it in performance mode and no restrictions on the data.