Stumped!!!

arch7angels

Reaction score
So, it's late, or early, depending on where you are. So I'm making this short. I was on the rooted deodexed GB (.596) and backedup, wiped, then flashed Apex RC2.

It worked fine when I booted up. I restored my apps (my backup root, and a handful from titanium). Still ok. But then I rebooted.

I now have NO service, almost none of my apps work, and I can't boot into clockwork with D2 Bootsrapper.

I have literally no idea what I did or how to fix it. Please, for the love of droid, help me!!!
~Arch

Snow02

Reaction score
You must have restored some system data. Factory reset.

OP
arch7angels

arch7angels

Reaction score
That's the thing. I couldn't get into anything to do a factory reset. That was the second thing I thought to do after reflashing the ROM. but obviously i couldn't do that either.

So should I only restore the apps and not the data? Is there anything specific I should look out for?

Snow02

Reaction score
User apps and data should be fine. Any system apps should not be restored.

OP
arch7angels

arch7angels

Reaction score
Wiped in stock recovery and it booted up fine! thanks so much for your help! I was pretty scared there for a second haha

OP
arch7angels

arch7angels

Reaction score
Any idea of specific system apps/data that shouldn't be restored? cause I tried to be careful when I chose which to back up.

Snow02

Reaction score
Never restore any system apps from one rom on another. Those are things like text messaging, stock launcher, email, etc.

OP
arch7angels

arch7angels

Reaction score
Got it. I use handcent for sms. would restoring my conversations be whats causing it to crash?