stuck on the "too many pattern attempts" screen

mark5hs

Reaction score
I searched the forum and found a fix that involved taking a call and pushing back to get to the home screen, but it won't work. I push back and it takes me to the slide to unlock screen which goes back to telling me to sign into my google account. Apparently they got rid of that fix with 2.1. All I can find is do a hard reset. Now I really don't want to do that because I don't have my phone backed up at all and I don't want to lose all my stuff. What should I do?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Take it in to Verizon is your only choice. solly :-(

OP
M

mark5hs

Reaction score
Will they fix it or just replace it?

cpinto

Reaction score
I searched the forum and found a fix that involved taking a call and pushing back to get to the home screen, but it won't work. I push back and it takes me to the slide to unlock screen which goes back to telling me to sign into my google account. Apparently they got rid of that fix with 2.1. All I can find is do a hard reset. Now I really don't want to do that because I don't have my phone backed up at all and I don't want to lose all my stuff. What should I do?

Will it let you enter your google info.?

I thought that would unlock it, but maybe I'm missing something.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just save yourself alot of headaches and take it in to Verizon before they close. Just my 2cents :D good luck

OP
M

mark5hs

Reaction score
It's a known glitch where you enter your info but it tells you it's wrong

OP
M

mark5hs

Reaction score
Just save yourself alot of headaches and take it in to Verizon before they close. Just my 2cents :D good luck

Thanks, but I really don't want to lose all my stuff... I'm installing the SDK right now to try the debugging tool. Are text messages stored on the phone or the SD card?

OP
M

mark5hs

Reaction score
Just tried adb and it gave me the message "failed to copy 'data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db' to 'settings.db': Permission denied"
Where do you think I can go for help with this?

iPirate

Reaction score
This happens a lot to people who "find" phones.

Take it to Verizon and they will fix everything for you.

OP
M

mark5hs

Reaction score
Alright I'll head to the verizon store now. Can they fix it without resetting it or anything else that would cause data loss? Thanks

ADoobie

Reaction score
solution for my Thunderbolt

Little brother got on the phone and locked pattern attempts out. UN/PW for google didn't work. Called tech support. Told me to login to gmail and change my google passoword. Pulled battery on phone, rebooted, entered new password. Worked like a charm. (had full 3g service at the time)

matomago

Reaction score
There is one solution

Hello,

I had similar problem with my Motorola Xoom WiFi. My friends was playing with my tablet and they was trying to guess my login pattern. Unfortunately sign in via Google account did not worked and WiFi network was turned off. So I was looking for way how to unlock it without root access.

Finally I found it. I wrote an application which turns on WiFi. It is quite simple. There is one requirement, you have to have enabled debuge mode. After installing app via IDE (eg. Eclipse) WiFi is connected to known network and you can log in with your Google account. There is also possibility to set network parameters in app code before compilation.

I hope this helps someone with this problem. At the end I want apologize for my poor english :)

Regards...