Too Many Pattern Lock Attempts. Help!

TXHillCountry

Reaction score
My daughter thought it would be really fun to try to crack my pattern lock. It has now locked up and is asking for my gmail login and password. However, when I enter that it is not accepting it. It's like it doesn't even try to validate it comes back immediately and tells me invalid userid or password.

Any way out of this?

SR20S13

Reaction score
no real idea if this would work but try turning it off for the night and try it again in the morning

BostonDroid

Reaction score
1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
account and keep the old one.

OP
T

TXHillCountry

Reaction score
1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
account and keep the old one.

When I try to set up the new account it says it can't find my network connection even though it shows it is connected.

OP
T

TXHillCountry

Reaction score
I had to disconnect my wifi connection and then reconnect and it worked!

Thanks a lot BD!

justbob

Reaction score
@ Forum Mods: Please sticky this or put it in the FAQ section.

Mercuie

Reaction score
lol the things people come up with to work around issues. crafty you are!

R E M Y

Reaction score
... i dont know how verizon does it, but when i had the g1 with tmobile you had to call and reset the account.

deeniedee1963

Reaction score
I got my Motorola DROID only abt 3 months ago & it was wonderful until the touch
lock stopped working & now I see that altho I am able to get into the reformat area
by pushing on x & the on button simulataneously (sic) it says that I am unable to
reformat it. Although I was scared to do this anyway as Im worried about losing my
photos & videos. I of course tried the signing in undedr a different gmail address
but nothing here either on old or new. I tried calling in with another phone but
even that wont let me in past the "end call" button & so I cannot get into the
settings at all. . With the accessories & apps I got for this phone I am into it for
about $600, & that is a lot of money for me but I needed it for cases I work on of
missing kids. So Im really furious to find out that this has been an ongoing problem
since at least JUNE of 2009! I have been up all night working on this & Im just
livid to find out that Motorola KNEW that these touch locks were a problem & that
this problem could potentially cause some real inconveniences for folks but
apparently did not want to cease being uncool by going back to the pin # locks.
Thats the only reason I can think of that they kept these new locks. They look cool
& the kids like them. Please excuse nmy typos but I have been working on this
nonstop since about 7pm last might. I know Im preaching to the choir on here but it
still feels nice to vent. lol I suppose my insurance from Best Buy will not cover .

JCo352

Reaction score
I got my Motorola DROID only abt 3 months ago & it was wonderful until the touch
lock stopped working & now I see that altho I am able to get into the reformat area
by pushing on x & the on button simulataneously (sic) it says that I am unable to
reformat it. Although I was scared to do this anyway as Im worried about losing my
photos & videos. I of course tried the signing in undedr a different gmail address
but nothing here either on old or new. I tried calling in with another phone but
settings at all. . With the accessories & apps I got for this phone I am into it for
about $600, & that is a lot of money for me but I needed it for cases I work on of
missing kids. So Im really furious to find out that this has been an ongoing problem
livid to find out that Motorola KNEW that these touch locks were a problem & that
Thats the only reason I can think of that they kept these new locks. They look cool
nonstop since about 7pm last might. I know Im preaching to the choir on here but it
still feels nice to vent. lol I suppose my insurance from Best Buy will not cover .

This is a Google experience phone, and that lock screen is native to Android, Motorola really didn't have anything to do with it. What is it telling you when you try to sign in to your Gmail account?

Reaction score

This doesn't make sense. If you forget your lock pattern you get a chance to unlock using your gmail address and password. Are you not being offered a chance at that?

deeniedee1963

Reaction score
Ohhhh

I was faintly wondering about that but found this site & got excited. It says invalid username & or pw. But it does not have time to really validate it one way or the other as it is just immediately pops up as saying its invalid. I tried using another gmail adress too & that one looks like its doing somethying as it spins around & says its "checking" but it will cont checking uintil I resrart the phone. Then its back to the google screen. I cant even answer this phone when it rings now. So its google then? Not Motorola? Im just so disgusted & frustrated & Im ready to throw it frankly.