Stuck in LithiumMod with Limited Functionality

hpjd

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to modding my Android and have recently begun experimenting with rooting my Incredible (CDMA) and installing custom roms. Thank you all in advance for your help.

I decided to try the LithiumMod last night and installed it onto my phone. I noticed immediately that the Market is not working and provides the message "The application Market has stopped unexpectedly." I have read other threads on this forum regarding this issue but have yet to find a solution beyond clearing the cache (which didn't work) or restoring to a backup (which I am having trouble with as well.)

Before I began I attempted to flash a recovery using ROM Manager before I began. I also backed up my stock ROM before installing new a new ROM. However, when I attempt to recover my previous ROM through the HBOOT menu I am taken to a ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5 menu. Selecting any of the options form this menu simply provides a blank screen so I am unable to restore my phone or even install a new ROM.

I attempted to go back through ROM Manager (which I was able to install through a file manager) and recover my ROM but the app has limited functionality for some reason and tells me that I "must have ClockworkMod Recovery to flash and Restore ROMS." The options for "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" is available but says that it is unable to contact server when I select it. All of the other options on the menu are blacked out.

I have been downloading app .apk's and installing them on my phone through a file manager. Some of the apps work within LithiumMod while others don't. I'm not sure if it helps but...

Apps that work:
-Pandora
-Adao File Manager
-TaskPanel
-Handcent SMS
-Digital Clock Widget
-Android Agenda Widget
-ROM Manager (will open, but won't function)

Apps that won't install or won't open:
-Market
-Swype
-Angry Birds
-Wireless Tether

If anybody can help me with any aspects of this issue I would be extremely grateful. Ideally, I would be able to just go back to factory settings or even flash a different more stable ROM. Thanks again for all of your help.

Edit:

All is now well. I didn't realize that I had to use the optical button on the Incredible to navigate in recovery mode. Crises averted.

Last edited: