stuck in a boot loop

ocholoco

Reaction score
Using ROM manager i downloaded UD v 8.1.1 and flashed it. Everything seemed to go well, except after the reboot i got stuck in a boot loop. I did a battery pull and tried again...still stuck. :icon_eek:

i just rooted yesterday:icon_eek: so any help would be great. thanx

edit:
rebooted in recovery mode to flash backup rom. then followed steps posted by black droid here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bl...now-available-over-air-update-ese53-base.html for "For Newcomers to Ultimate Droid'

Last edited:

Droid Owner

Reaction score
same thing happened to me except i downloaded bb 1.1. did u fix yours yet?

Mikejl

Reaction score
Boot loops are usually caused by kernel's. Did you make a backup before you flashed your ROM? If so, restore your backup and flash the the ROM using a different kernal.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you did not wipe the data and cache I would suggest trying to reinstall and wipe this time. let us know if you are successful.

Mike

OP
ocholoco

ocholoco

Reaction score
same thing happened to me except i downloaded bb 1.1. did u fix yours yet?

yeah, i flashed my backup and followed bd's steps, i downloaded the wrong file for the recovery i was using. haven't had much experience with bb, hope you can figure it out.

trezz330

Reaction score
i downloaded a gummyjar rom to my phone and installed it. now im stuck in a boot loop. what can i do to fix my phone?

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you wipe data and cache befare install? If not try booting into recovery and wipeing both. If that doesnt work restore a backup

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

trezz330

Reaction score
i did not wipe data and cache this time. i did previously and it messed all up. no app would open. all woul fc. i cant get to my recovery. it simply goes on, to the boot logo, then to the boot animation and repeating boot animation.

Last edited:

a86me

Reaction score
When ur phone is off press and hold the x button and the power button, then once it powers on release the power button, once u see andy release the x button that should put u in the factory reset screen

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

thebird36

Reaction score
When ur phone is off press and hold the x button and the power button, then once it powers on release the power button, once u see andy release the x button that should put u in the factory reset screen

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

You forgot 1 thing... when you get the triangle with the android on it hit the search magnifying glass on the keyboard that'll take you to what you need to be at and just wipe!