Stuck @ Droid/Eye Logo

Malyshus

Reaction score
I have rooted my droid which was a lot easier than I though it would be, created my Nandroid backup before anything else was done.

Now when I downloaded the BBv1.0 ROM and renamed it to update.zip and went to install it, everything appears to install correctly but then when I reboot the device I get stuck at the Red Eye/Droid bootup image.

I did try to find a post on this and check your troubleshooting guide but I have been unable to find anything. Been fighting with it for longer than I care to admit.

Any advice?

OP
M

Malyshus

Reaction score
I have a couple of times, I can't seem to find a way to get the Bugless Beast ROM on my device successfully though.

OP
M

Malyshus

Reaction score
Of that I am uncertain to be perfectly honest.

Here's what I followed, worked fine until the final reboot.

OP
M

Malyshus

Reaction score
Okay, that is actually the ROM I used for this, but you think that the data/cache would have a significant impact on it?

bomber889

Reaction score
Yes, it has a major impact. You MUST wipe when switching roms or many bad things could happen.

OP
M

Malyshus

Reaction score
Minor tid-bits like this would matter so much... hahaha
So when you say data & cache you mean to use the thing that says 'Yes -- Delete all user data' right?

bomber889

Reaction score
Yeah, wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. After you do that go to install, allow update.zip, and install it. Then you should be good to go! Oh, if you want all your app data to be saved, download titanium backup from the market and backup all your apps before you install it, unless you don't mind.

OP
M

Malyshus

Reaction score
At this point I just want the thing to boot on a custom ROM. I can re-download all the apps that won't bother me all that much. Good to know though and thanks for the info and assistance.

Performed as you said and the phone booted right up. You're a rockstar man.