Help! Droid stuck on Motorola Logo

heyitsjk

Reaction score
I just installed a system update for my Motorola Droid and now it just gets stuck on the Motorola logo on start up. Is there any way to fix this?

OP
H

heyitsjk

Reaction score
I did >< its still getting stuck at the logo

brianstaton

Reaction score
Same Problem

I'm having the same problem as you. Yesterday I recieved a pop up on my phone telling me that there was a new system update (2.2 AKA Froyo). I hit download and a progress bar came up and went across the screen. Once it got all the way across the phone restarted but when it came up to the motorola logo it stuck there. I left it alone for a while thinking that may be part of the update process but after a few hours I decided to do a battery pull. Phone restarted but again got stuck at the motorola logo. The phone would let me turn it on and off but always get stuck at the motorola logo, then eventually, a few hours later it wouldnt even turn on with the power button (and the battery still has a charge) and the only way I can get it to even come on now is to plug it up (wont even turn on now when you pull the batter and put it back in). I read online and it seemed my only option that would work was to do a Factory reset so I followed the steps (remove Microsd card, hold power button and x while phone is turning on, hit volume rocker key and camera button to go into factory restore option, and I went to factory restore.) The restore worked fine (no error messages while it was doing this) but when the phone rebooted it came back to the motorola logo and got stuck. I know I'll probably have to take it to a verizon store but the nearest one is quite a bit away (I live in Western North Carolina In The Middle Of Nowhere, lol). Any ideals or suggestions?