Struggling with my rooted Droid-HELP!

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I rotted my Droid a few weeks back now I'm having a couple issues that a tissue won't fix...

1. I can't boot my Droid into recovery at all. Not via ROM Manager...not via holding X on start up. Nadda.

2. My build #....It's suppose to be FRF57 but all mine says is FEFxx 49593. I tried DLing FRF57 via ROM Manager but it'll DL and my phone will reboot but it'll still say FRFxx.

3. Sometimes I get two "white M's" on restart. The first white M will stay up for a minute or so...screen will flash back then go back to another white M for another 45 seconds until it goes to the Droid eyes.

4. I can't get custom ROMs probably due to my build #. Once again, I use ROM manager for this and I've tried numerous different ROMS.

---------------

Not really problems that ruin my phone or hinder the performance in any way but just annoying...

Anyone have any tips to solving one or all of these problems?

Thanks guys.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't help you but i'll give you a :bump: :D good luck!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In ROM manager flash sprecovery then flash back to clockwork and see if that gets you going.

And Corinacakes you always help ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score
In ROM manager flash sprecovery then flash back to clockwork and see if that gets you going.

And Corinacakes you always help ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

So which do I do:

ROM Manger --> Recovery --> Flash ClockworkMod Recovery

or

ROM Manager --> More recoveries --> Flash Alternate Recovery

or do i do both (Flash Alternate Recovery first then ClockworkMOD)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open RM and scroll down to the more recoveries section, tap Flash Alternate Recovery. That will flash SPRecovery. Close RM. Reopen RM and tap Flash ClockworkMod Recovery(very first option). Often this gets Clockwork going. You may need to go through the process a few times.

Let us know how you make out.

Mike

OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score
Open RM and scroll down to the more recoveries section, tap Flash Alternate Recovery. That will flash SPRecovery. Close RM. Reopen RM and tap Flash ClockworkMod Recovery(very first option). Often this gets Clockwork going. You may need to go through the process a few times.

Let us know how you make out.

Mike

Might have to ask my soon to be fiance about how I make out (Proposing in 2 weeks, WHOOP!)

But anyways, when I hitt the Flash ClockworkMod...it gives me a huge list of versions...I assume just do the most recent 2.0.0.1 or something like that?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
First, no kissing and telling!!!!

Second, I think you are taping an incorrect tab. I believe you are taping the very last tab in More recoveries (All ClockworkMod Recoveries). That is not necessary.

Tap the very first tab under Recovery -- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, it will open a window which will say Confirm Phone Model (Motorola Droid (CMDA) Tap and your phone will begin downloading, The next thing you will see is Successfully installed Clockwork.

Mike

BTW Congrats and best wishes

OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score
First, no kissing and telling!!!!

Second, I think you are taping an incorrect tab. I believe you are taping the very last tab in More recoveries (All ClockworkMod Recoveries). That is not necessary.

Tap the very first tab under Recovery -- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, it will open a window which will say Confirm Phone Model (Motorola Droid (CMDA) Tap and your phone will begin downloading, The next thing you will see is Successfully installed Clockwork.

Mike

BTW Congrats and best wishes

That was a success.

Tried DLing FRF57 from ROM Manager. It restarted but stayed on the white M for 15-20 mins and I had to do a battery pull to get it to restart.

Ugh....