Strange issues I need help

catalyst81

Reaction score
Strange touch screen issues I need help

Recently I've been having problems using my phone. I'll try and open an app and sometimes it won't register than I'm pressing the button. This includes trying to hit the home button on the phone. Other times I'll press an app it will open up a different one and then open options within the app. After pressing the initial app my fingers won't be on the screen but it will be opening things on the phone. Sometimes it does this when I'm not even holding the phone. I've done a battery pull, but short of resetting it to factory settings, I don't know what to do. I haven't downloaded any new apps recently. Within the last month I did update the phones OS. Help or ideas are appreciated.

Last edited:

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Had the same problem with our D2s a short time ago. One D2 would not allow me to answer an incoming call. Another time it wouldn't turn off with the power button. TMALSS, after the second trip taking the phones back to Verizon, one in the frozen state, they ordered a pair of Certified Like-new Replacements. The replacement phones (both D2s) have been working fine, but I discovered to my dismay that all the free apps I got from the Amazon Appstore would not work unless I reinstalled the Amazon Appstore App, and signed in. Being suspicious of everything, I wanted to test out my phones with as few complications as possible, so I took a hard look at the free apps and decided there was only one I really needed, got it on the Market and paid $2 for it. All the others I can live without. So in the past two months, I have had no freezing on either replacement D2 (and no Amazon apps).

OP
C

catalyst81

Reaction score
Doing a hard reset and getting rid of apps didn't help the situation. I took it to verizon store and she was about to send me a replacement when just my luck, one month out of warranty. :( I'm not due for an early upgrade for a few months. Anyone have suggestions on what to do? I can't afford to pay for a new phone at retail price.

OP
C

catalyst81

Reaction score
I read another thread recently where it was suggested that it is probably a problem with the digitizer. Does this sound right? I'm pretty handy and I think I could change it out, BUT I don't want to spend the money unless I'm pretty sure that's actually the problem. I don't think its a software issue - although I could be wrong.

OP
C

catalyst81

Reaction score
About the only thing that comes to mind is for you to SBF ur phone back to the start. If you do not know what that is, check the "Droid 2 Hacks" section of this forum for instructions, or use this link from XDA forum:
Tutorial/Walkthrough for flashing an .sbf to Droid 2 (unrooting/factory restore) - xda-developers

Thanks for the info. Flashed it and it doesn't seem to jump around as much, but its still giving me problems. I guess I could always send it in to Motorola and see if they can fix it. I think I read on their website that it may only cost around $75. Cheaper than buying another used phone I guess.