Display blank, phone temporarily unresponsive

dstonier

Reaction score
I've had the Droid2 for a couple months now and am overall pretty impressed... However, I have noticed periodically (10 times/weekish, sometimes a few times a day) the screen will go blank and pressing the unlock button will not bring it back. It seems to happen at random times, possibly after opening an application or hitting a function within an app but i have not noticed any consistency. Sometimes sliding the keyboard open and closing it a few times and continuing to press the unlock button will bring it back to life...

I have noticed sometimes it looks like there is still a very faint image on the display and maybe just the backlight is not lit? Sometimes I am unable to get the phone to come back to life without pulling the battery.

Anyone ever experience this? Any suggestions? Running the default ROM.

mullene

Reaction score
I hope someone has an explanation for this because this sounds like it is the exact same issue that I came here to get help with!!!!

Khiraji

Reaction score
Search around, there's a longer thread about this. There is some agreement that it is a bug but doesn't happen on every device, and in some cases I believe people have successfully claimed replacements from this issue.